Friday, July 18, 2008

My Holy Child

Brooke is such a crack up! As we go throughout our day she grabs my hand, closes her eyes and says "pray" repeatedly. It's the funniest thing! She's adamant about praying too and does NOT let up until we do. This obsession with prayer comes out at the most hilarious times.. When she's in trouble, when she's upset, when she's hurt, or even when she's happy. The other day we were looking at the rain and she asked to pray so we thanked Jesus for the rain. The Bible verse "Pray without ceasing" is taking on true meaning in our home! Seeing Brooke's constant urge and need to pray, though cute and silly at times, has been a real encouragement to me in my spiritual walk. It has reminded me that I, too, should run to Jesus when I'm happy, sad, excited, hurting, rejoicing, etc... Not just to make requisitions or amends. Through Brooke's example of that I've been so blessed. The heart of a child is really a special thing!

Tonight has been kind of a rough night for me because I miss John so, so much. This over-time is pretty isolating for me because he leaves late enough for me not to be able to go anywhere (because it messes up bedtime) but early enough for me to have A LOT of time to kill on my own. Anyways, as I put Brooke to bed we prayed (of course) and then she looked up at me and said, "All done! Sleepy. Night night." As if to say, "Mommy, hurry up and put me to bed. I'm tired!" Then she looked at me with those big blue eyes and gave me the most precious kisses, out of nowhere. My whole heart melted and it just reminded me of how great life is, despite a few lonely nights.

My sister found out the gender of her baby today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's due on December 8Th so she's about half way there and finding the baby's sex was so special. I was already in love with the baby already but knowing the gender just excites me even more. I'm waiting for her to post it on her blog before letting the cat out of the bag for her but I just couldn't blog today without mentioning the wonderful news our family got today. I love you, sis, and I could be more happy or excited if it was my own little peanut:-)

Now that the princess is in bed I'm off to clean up a little (okay, a lot!). The time to be productive is now!

1 comment:

Alison said...

That Beezus is a crack up. I'll never forget her begging Nathan to pray even though he was fast asleep! And she just doesn't quiet down about it until you finally give in :)

I'm sorry you're having a rough night :( Just remember that tonight is the last of the overtime and pretty soon you'll have some days off to spend together. Hang in there!!