Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Experiment In The Works...

****Update on my crock pot dinner... It was fantastic!!!!!! The pork melted in our mouths and the rice tasted like Chinese food rice. If you want a simple, hassle- free, cheap dinner you have to try this!

I came home from running errands and things this morning at about 1:30 and decided 1) that I have nothing planned for dinner and 2) that the thought of making dinner repulsed me. Frantically I searched through my stash of frozen meat, but ultimately concluded (again) that cooking just doesn't appeal to me today. So, I thought to myself... What can I do for dinner with frozen meat that requires me to do nothing? I thought about my trusty crock pot and immediately knew my dinner dilemma was solved. Lol!

Into my crock pot I threw a frozen pork tenderloin, Teriyaki sauce, a cup of rice, 2 cups of water, garlic, salt, pepper, broccoli and pineapple. I turned it up on high and hopefully we'll have dinner by 4:30 or 5. I'm aiming for a stir fry kind of taste and I think the ingredients sounds really good together!! I'm really excited but I'm also a little bit nervous because I've never made rice in the crock pot so I'm not sure how it will do. In a few hours we'll have a verdict! The worst that can happen is that dinner's a total bomb and we have to go out to eat. What a shame that would be!

I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself at the moment because John has to go in to work at 7 (which means he starts getting ready at 6 and leaves me at 6:30) tonight and tomorrow night. He picked it up because the money is hard to pass up and also because he wants to get some more DWI's so he can win the contest at work (which would be a reward of $300). I feel so selfish being concerned about ME because I know that it's not a cake walk for John, but still, it's really hard for me to not have him home. He is my best friend and we literally do everything together so when he's away it's hard to be happy. Who knows, maybe I shouldn't rely on him quite as much? It's also hard because we get NO adult time just to relax together on days like this because he leaves before Miss Brooke goes to bed. It doesn't help that I hate being alone, either. I'm the type that has to have people around me to keep me company or else I get very lonely. Like I said last night, I have a wonderful husband who works SO hard for us and I'm incredibly thankful for that but it's just so hard to be away from him:-(

Alrighty, I'm off to do some housework while Brookie sleeps. I'll update later on my dinner concoction! Wish me luck!

No comments: