Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nathan Bug!

I'm feeling kind of sentimental about my precious nephew, Nathan, because today is his 2Nd birthday. I love that baby (or shall I say BIG boy) so very much and I couldn't be more proud of him if he was my own little guy.

I still vividly remember the night he was born and how we all rushed out to the hospital at 1 in the morning to meet him. When he came home we were just fascinated by him because he was the first baby that came into our family since I was born. I distinctly remember staring at him in wonder and looking at his little feet for hours on end. It was so amazing to be a part of his life and I could only imagine how much fun we had ahead of us!

For the first 7 months of Nathan life, he was my "guinea pig." I was pregnant with Brooke at that point, and little Nathan taught me all about diapers, bath time, car seats, and all of that other baby stuff. He was pretty patient with me too! Lol

I have loved going through each stage of Nathan's life with him and watching him grow. He's such a smart, hilarious, and special little boy and there will always, always be a special place in my heart just for him. I love him every bit as much as I love Brooke, but I'll admit, it's more of a fun love. With Nathan I don't have to be the person who's worried about what he eats, when he gets his nap, discipline, etc... I just get to be the fun-loving, spoiling aunt and leave all that stuff for his mama and daddy. I love it!

So, Happy Birthday, Mr. Nathan! AJ loves you with all her heart!!

No comments: