Monday, June 30, 2008

Brooke's Night On The Town

This morning Patty asked me if they could have Brooke tonight. Of course I agreed because I would never begrudge grandparents their grand baby:-) So they picked her up at around 4:30 and they went to Chuck E. Cheese, where they all had a blast, and then out for ice cream. Apparently my princess ate an ENTIRE ice cream cone by herself. I smile every time I think about how much she must have enjoyed it! Grandma and Grandpa then pushed her on the swings for a few minutes and brought her back to us.

While they were away Patty called me to let me know how they were doing and Brookie got on the phone to tell me all about her night. I loved listening to her babble on the other end of the phone and I just wanted to reach out and hug her. Ah, that melted my heart!

I was really looking forward to having the night off tonight because I've been fighting a nasty UTI and have just been feeling exhausted. Over the weekend I had a fever and I just couldn't shake that worn out feeling, despite the rest I tried to get. So anyways, I thought that tonight would help me to recuperate from all of that. John and I ran to Wal Mart to get diapers and wipes, but when we got home, it was so eerie and strange not having Brooke around. I so didn't rest... I think I sat around and twiddled my thumbs all night! It was so odd to be able to sit and watch TV with John or to work on our puzzle with no interruptions. I really enjoyed John but I so badly missed Brooke being there to make us laugh or to play with. She sure is a joy! I can't even imagine life without her.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Sounds like she had a great time! It is nice to get a break every once and a while, but I do usually end up missing Nathan a TON while he's gone.