Monday, June 16, 2008

Living A Little

John's uncle from out of town was up visiting tonight so he and his wife and 2 kids (a 4-year-old girl and a 9-month-old boy) came over for some pizza, along with John and Patty. It was so much fun having them because Brooke loved playing with the little girl (which is her second cousin I think???) and it was really cool to see them interact.

We walked down the road to get some ice cream and the girls rode in Brooke's wagon together. They both got a huge kick out of it. Sadly, though, the ice cream store was closed:-( Because we had promised the kids ice cream we went to the Family Dollar and they each got a treat there. I got Brooke an ENORMOUS Popsicle (because there was nothing smaller) and I was just going to hold it for her and feed it to her slowly. I decided (with MUCH persuasion from John's aunt and mom) that I would just give it to her to hold so she could enjoy it to the fullest. I'll admit that I'm neurotic about stuff like that... I don't like messes or dirty things to come near my daughter and I avoid them at all costs. I change her clothes a million times a day if I have to do that in order to keep her looking squeaky clean. However, this time, I let her just have at her Popsicle and it was the most precious thing ever. She clung to it and ate EVERY LAST BIT. She was dripping with it and her face was covered, but seeing the delight on my baby girl's face was absolutely adorable. She was so proud of herself! I would have taken a picture but I wanted to get it off of her as quickly as possible. I guess I haven't fully given up my hate for all things messy but I'm getting there. This was a big step! Lol

Brooke didn't even nurse once yesterday and I was really very sad. It was a hard thing for me to come to grips with. She woke up this morning asking to nurse though so I'm not sure that we're completely done. We'll see as the days progress. This is so much more difficult on my emotions than I ever thought it would be.

John goes back to work tonight:-( I'm so bummed out that I seriously could cry. I hate when he leaves me but I truly appreciate his sacrifice that he makes to pay the bills. If only he worked normal hours! Okay, I'm off to go pack his lunch...

No comments: