Monday, June 23, 2008

A Good Dilemma To Have

Brooke has turned into an AMAZING little napper!! She used to rarely take naps and on the rare occasion that she did, it would only be for like an hour or so. Now she's consistently taking 2.5 to 3 hour naps every day. I hardly know what to do with myself! It's so odd because one day it's like a switch flipped and she turned into a kid who napped. Everyday around 12 to 12:30 she'll say "sleepy" or "night night" so I turn her music on, put her in her crib, and she doesn't make another peep for several hours.

As wonderful as all of these naps are, it's actually causing me problems. She always used to sleep until at least 8 and that was an early morning. Now she is ready to go at 7 A.M. YIKES!! I'm not used to this. I used to be able to bring her in our room and nurse her and she would immediately fall back asleep but now she'll nurse for like 2 seconds and then want to get right back up for the day.

I haven't decided which is worse... The early mornings or the afternoons with not reprieve? I just don't know! Today during Brooke' nap I...

1. Cleaned out our laundry by bringing all of the stuff in it out into our new shed. I also vacuumed in there and wiped down the counters.
2. Did some things to get dinner ready
3. Vacuumed
4. Mopped
5. Dusted
6. Laundry
7. Cleaned the bathrooms
8. Organized the linen closet
9. Pulled weeds outside

I couldn't have done even half those things with a baby in tow so I guess that these longs naps are worth it, even if it costs me the luxury of sleeping in. I should probably work on going to bed earlier to help me cope but I've ALWAYS been such a night owl so it will be hard. This adjustment is wearing me out!

Okay, off to get some rest. Morning is coming.. And soon.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Aw, I'm sure that once you're able to go to bed earlier it wont be as bad. Also, maybe some days you could take a nice nap when Brooke is too!