Saturday, June 14, 2008

I've Been Replaced

I know that my lost post was all about weaning but I still have more to say on the matter so bare with me!

For several weeks now I've noticed that every time Brooke gets hurt, flustered, or put into a new situation she asks for "juice" over and over again. For instance, I took her into the pool yesterday and she was really nervous to be in there for some reason and she kept demanding juice. I took her out (assuming she was thirsty) and she took a little sip of her cup of milk and then threw it on the floor. It hit me right then and there that this is what she has replaced nursing with. For some reason it's her escape or comfort when she doesn't know what else to do. All of this time I thought that I had one heck of a thirsty child.

I really feel kind of sad that she want "juice" now for comfort instead of her mommy. Here's my question... Does she think that I'm not available for her anymore? Or does she just chose to find that comfort elsewhere because she's getting bigger? I know that I can't nurse her forever and that it's normal for her to "move on" but this is really stirring up my mommy emotions. She'll be 16-months-old tomorrow and I'm so proud that I've gotten her this far, but it's still so hard for me to fathom that she's almost down nursing. I can't seem to get that through my head for some reason. This little girl has turned me into an emotional basket case!

Anyways, John's off tonight and tomorrow night so I'm going to go enjoy him now. Movie time! I love that man:-)

No comments: