Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What It's Like To Be Me...

Ya know, I really drive myself nuts. Let me explain... Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to lose my debit card (AGAIN... Except it's remained missing this time) and my license. Now I drive without a license, which is a ticketable offense (thank heavens my husband is a cop) and have to use John's debit card for any and all purchases. Can you say PAIN IN THE BUTT???? I am constantly misplacing things and my life is a wreck when it comes to stuff like this. I feel so frazzled most of the time and I know that it's totally my fault for not taking the time to think or be organized.

I'm also completely carefree and clueless, to the point of making careless mistakes. Ugh, I'm SUCH an airhead. Here are a few other things that have happened to me over the recent weeks that will show you just exactly what I'm talking about...

~I backed into the telephone poll at the end of my driveway... TWICE. There's definitely marks on my car to show it. Oops.
~I pulled my car over a median in a parking lot because I thought my car was in reverse. To get me out required a tow truck and a lot of help from my father-in-law. It wasn't pretty.
~I lost my medical insurance card.
~I had John's debit card (our only remaining card) eaten by an ATM machine because I left the bank without taking it out.
~While visiting my mom's work, I walked in on one of her superiors while he was in the potty. That was just a TAD bit awkward.
~I lost my keys (but found them after a day).
~I lost all of my receipts for my church credit card that I'm supposed to give to the church treasurer to reconcile the church's bank statement.

And... Today, the unthinkable "Jillian incident" occurred. I frequently text message my mother-in-law and John who both have very similar phone numbers. Tonight John stayed home from church because he was in court all day and he needed to sleep this. We missed each other so were text messaging back and forth while I was just getting ready to leave church. I sent him a "married people" response (or so I thought) that was totally appropriate for his eyes, BUT it was not soon that I realized that I had actually sent it to his MOTHER and not him. My only salvation is that she was still in prayer meeting (awful I know). I quickly ran to meet her as she was coming out of the church and I asked to see her phone. She just didn't understand what I wanted out of her phone so I told her that I needed to erase something. My face was beat red at this point. She thought that I had sent a mean text message about her to someone and I didn't want her to see it. I just couldn't persuade her otherwise so finally I said, "I sent a message to your son and trust me, you don't want to read it." She instantly understood. My heart was pounding and I don't think that I have ever been so embarrassed in my life. I called John and I told him what I did and he said, "That's wonderful honey. Good job!" Lol! The moral of the story is that I will recheck, recheck, and recheck who I am sending my further text messages to. This type of thing ONLY HAPPENS TO JILLIAN.

I don't get myself. Things like this happen frequently with me. I'm a disaster, I swear! It's beyond me how I run a household, cook dinner for my family, dress my baby, bathe my baby, and have REAL LIFE responsibilities when I can't think straight for much of the day.

I think I've narrowed it down to why I'm like this...

1. I have the attention span of a toddler so thinking about things and concentrating on things is just something I can't stand doing.
2. I'm so hyper and fast-paced that I always have something on my mind to distract me.

I can remember being like this during my school days too. My teachers weren't too crazy about me and I'm pretty sure it's because I NEVER listened, read directions, or participated. I was too busy over in left field. You think I would have learned by now. Wouldn't you?

Anyways, I guess I'll work harder on pulling myself together. I'm tired of being scatterbrain!!! Lol

1 comment:

Tiff said...

hahaha, I've TOTALLY done the text messaging mistake before!! I get in a pattern of how many times I have to push to get to Rob (he's basically the only person I text) so there have been times where I accidentally text other people, or text him instead of the person I meant to. So you're not alone in that department! Although never anything as embarrassing as sending it to a parent. Good thing you were able to erase it before she saw it!