Monday, June 2, 2008

Vocabulary

I was reading in my baby magazine today that Brooke should have a vocabulary of 5-15 words. I found this laughable because she says so very many words now. Out of curiosity, I'm going to try to remember the words and/or phrases she knows and count them. Let's see...

Abby
Alison
All done
Amanda
Amen
Animal
Apple
Aunt Sarah
Baby
Badge
Ball
Balloon
Banana
Bath
Bible
Bird
Bite
Bless You
Bob
Book
Booper (belly button)
Boy
Breakfast
Brush
Button
Butter (She really means peanut butter)
Bye bye
Cat
Car
Cheese
Church
Cold
Cool Dudes (What John told her to call sun glasses. She says "dude dudes.)
Cow
Cracker
D (Our Last name)
Daddy
Dinner
Doctor
Dog
Doodle
Down
Drink
Dressed
Duck
Eat
Eyes
Fish
Flower
Get
Glasses
Grammy
Grape
Grass
Hi
Hi's (This means phone... Lol)
Highchair
Hot
Ice Cream
Jared
Jeremy (A baby at church)
Jesus
Josh
Juice
Kitty
Lights
Lotion
Luke
Lunch
Madison (her middle name)
Medicine
Mess
Milk
Mommy
Moo
More
Muscles (Definitely a word her daddy taught her!)
Nap
Nathan
Night night
No
Noodle
Nose
Nurse
Off
On
Out
Out Side
Pants
Papa
Paxton (A little girl in the church nursery. It sounds like she's saying "lotion.")
Pee Pee
Peek A Boo
Poo poo
Potty
Pretzel
Quack Quack
Read It
Sampson
Shirt
Shoe
Sit
Soap
Some
Soup
Thank You
Tickle
Tomato
Ugh oh!
Vicki
Wagon
Walk
Water
Woof Woof (As in a dog)
Yes sir (From "I'm in the Lord's Army)
Yogurt
Yucky

And the grand total is.... 118 words!! I didn't realize that she knew that many until I sat down to count. Holy cow! She's a little chatter box, my girl!

John's off tonight and tomorrow night. Josh and Vicki watched Brooke (and did a GREAT job with her) while John and I went for dinner and a movie tonight because John's working A LOT of overtime this week starting Wednesday. It's gonna be rough so we're just soaking up the next couple of days. I'm off to go do that!

No comments: