Sunday, June 29, 2008

Drama Queen

My Brooke has turned into the biggest drama queen lately. She's always been a bit dramatic or a "Hollywood Actress" (as her daddy would call her) but lately she's just been over the top.

Her latest game is using Chipper (don't get me started on him) to get some attention. She sits there and basically tortures him by pulling his hair, pinching his nose, putting her hands in his mouth and the second she sees somebody watching she throws herself onto the ground and screams like she's hurt or scared. John and I seriously love watching her with him when she thinks we're not watching because this is a hilarious game that she plays.

Brooke is also very bossy. She goes to her little table in her playroom and sits in a chair, then points to her other chair, points to me and says "Sit. Color." As soon as I sit down she hands me a crayon and repeatedly tells me to color. If I even stop for one second she cries. If ever I don't sit and color with this little princess she gets VERY upset. Drama, drama, drama

She's so hilarious too! She's been playing silly little games with me lately. For instance, in the bathtub she'll say "OUT!!" and the second I go to pick her up she'll yell "NO!" and plop her little bottom right back down. She plays this game repeatedly during her whole entire bath time and she gets very offended if I don't play along.

Brooke has learned how to do something that has made my life a lot more difficult... Climb on the couch and my bed unassisted. IT'S HORRIBLE! Lol! I always take her in my room with me to make the bed and today she kept crawling back up every time I told her to get down. To make the bed it seriously took me 10 minutes and when I was done the comforter looked all wrinkly. I had to make it again. She's crazy!

While I love Brooke's age and am so crazy about my little toddler, this age definitely brings out so many more challenges than I ever imagined. I'm learning how willful and defiant she can be and I really want to nip problems in the bud as soon as I can, and not wait until she's a screwed up teenager. I just want to do things right so she grows up to love and serve God and not ruin her life. Needless to say, I've been seeking wisdom from our parents, the Bible, and other moms to handle her tantrums appropriately. And the fun is just beginning! Lol!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I think Beezus might become an actress when she grows up! She is such a silly girl with a ton of spunk :) It is so nice to be able to sit back and watch her grow. You are doing a great job with her.

Love you guys!