Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hotter Than Heck

Holy Toledo! The song, "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes" is speaking to me very literally right about now. I think I just might! Lol! It's 94 degrees here. Seriously, I've never been so hot in my entire life... And I've lived in Texas where it stays in the upper 90's for the entire summer. The wonderful thing about Texas though is that everywhere you go there's central air conditioning and it's not as humid there. In grand 'ol upstate New York, central AC is a rare commodity and it's more humid here than you can imagine.

Our last little house had central air and it was only 900 square feet so it stayed nice and cold in there for minimal cost. This big house, however, does NOT have air conditioning. We have units in our rooms and that helps us sleep in peace, but our downstairs is an inferno. Luckily, my father-in-law and an electrician that we know from church are installing our AC unit downstairs right now so relief is on the way. At this point I don't care if costs me everything to have, all I want is to be cool!

I'm super bummed because we were supposed to have our pool opened up by the end of the day but the pump that keeps the water filtered and cleaned is BROKEN:-( My father-in-law is going to try to see if it's salvageable but if not we have to spend $300 on a new one. It's ALWAYS something with us. Why can't things just work out perfectly???????? I so wanted to go swimming tonight.

So, I guess that's all for now. I'm too hot to compose productive thoughts. I think my brain is FRIED, just like the rest of my body.

No comments: