Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Last Few Days...

I've just been too busy to even think about getting on the computer! John had Thursday night and Friday night off so we've been SUPER busy. Here's what's been occupying us...

*On Friday we took a trip to an Amish farmer's market. I brought home the BEST tomatoes I've ever tasted in my life (they were homegrown) and also some incredible zucchini. I fried it up for John and he was in heaven.

*Thanks to the Amish, I'm now obsessed with homemade bread. After tasting their bread, I decided that the store bought stuff just doesn't cutting it anymore. I spent my afternoon today making homemade bread and man is it amazing. I'm so proud of myself! I think that I'm going to make it weekly and keep it in the house because 1, it's so much better for you and 2, it's fun to make!

*John and I are hooked on puzzles again. This is the first puzzle we've had in this house and it's been amazing because we have so much space to lay our puzzle out. We went out and bought a really nice card table to do our puzzle on and it sits perfectly in our family room. I think John and I initially fell in love over puzzles (maybe an exaggeration) so working on one together has really rekindled some sparks and brought out a lot of hilarious memories. When I have puzzles in the house I have little time for anything else so I'm working on not being too addicted. Lol

*Today we did yard work, went swimming, cooked strip steaks on the grill (YUMMY!), and then went for ice cream. It was just the three of us all day and it was perfect. I love my little family so much.

So, that's what's been keeping me so stinking busy... It's fun busy though so I'm definitely NOT complaining. The hubby goes back to work tonight and I think I might cry:-( If only the bills paid themselves...

No comments: