Wednesday, June 4, 2008

She's "Broke!"

Brooke woke up last night at around 12:30 with a 104 degree fever. She was screaming hysterically until around 2. John and I almost took her to the hospital because she was shaking so bad and it really freaked us out. Luckily she settled down with some of her daddy's magical singing and slept until about 5:30.

She woke up this morning with a 104 degree fever again:-( So, we scheduled a doctor's appointment. The appointment was a drag because her doctor (who is WONDERFUL with her) was out of town. Brookie had to see this Chinese lady who could barely speak any English and kept calling her "Broke," despite me correcting her. Lol! Anyways, the doctor took one look in Brooke's ear and said, "Oh my Gosh!" It kind of freaked me out because I couldn't imagine what was in there... Perhaps an elephant or something? She said that her ear was pussing and bulging and that it was severely infected. Poor Broke!!! I feel so sad knowing that my baby girl is in that much pain. She's on antibiotic now and I'm really hoping that tomorrow she shows marked improvement. It's been a VERY long day and I'm completely wiped out.

All day today I've been asking Brooke if she's broke. She laughs hysterically and says "Broke, broke!" Despite Brooke's horrible mood, it's nice that silly Chinese doctor supplied us with some comedic relief!

I've been having such a hard time getting Brooke to eat or drink anything. I've tried all manner of juices, Popsicles, yogurt, bananas, milk, and water and she has little to no interest. I really fear that she'll get dehydrated because she doesn't even want to nurse. Usually nursing is a fix-all and today she has no desire to breastfeed. That's just a little bit sad, if you ask me.

John had to leave for work tonight at 6:30 and really, I thought I was going to die when he left. Patty graciously came over here to spend some time with me and to help me, which was a lifesaver, but it's only 7:30 now and I don't have the slightest clue what I'll do for the rest of the night. It's very, very lonely in this big old house without my husband's company:-( I hate it but John's just trying to make money for us and be the wonderful provider that he is.

Well, I guess I'll go try to catch up on my housework, despite my exhaustion. Life still has to go on, right?

No comments: