Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My New Best Friend

I have found a most handy and wonderful new friend.... THE CROCK POT!!!!! I'm seriously addicted. It's so much fun because not only is it easy, but it's exciting! I put my food in it in the morning, run out for a few errands, and when I come home... BAM, dinner's ready. I'm in love!

Yesterday I made my homemade spaghetti meat sauce except for I put it in the trusty crock pot instead of doing on the stove. Let me tell you, it was heavenly. It was a big hit and I even had enough left over to freeze. My whole house smelled like and Italian restaurant too!

I had a busy day today and I knew I wasn't going to be home much to get something together for dinner. So before I left I put chicken breast, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a cup of milk, and a country gravy packet in the crock pot. I just made that recipe up so I didn't really know how it would turn out so I didn't have high expectations. Anyways, it was PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!!! John and Brooke loved it and it was so stinking easy. All I had to do was make a vegetable and mashed potatoes and dinner was served. Piece of cake!

My adventures with the crock pot are just beginning. I'm going to look around for a good book to give me some ideas. How fun is that? I'm thinking I'm going to try my homemade macaroni and cheese in there next. Doesn't that sound good?

Alright, I'm off to relax with my man. YAY!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I gotta hand it to you. You're a much more adventurous cook than I am! I would have worried all day long that the chicken was going to be too done, or the sauce wouldn't taste good, etc. I'm glad it was good...we may just have to try it!