Friday, May 16, 2008

Bargains To Brag About

Am I not the queen of bargains? I say this every time I get a good deal but really, I think I've earned the right to the throne. I seek the cheapest prices and when I find them I am one happy woman! Check out today's proof...

My brother-in-law is getting married next Saturday so I set out in search for the perfect dress for the wedding. We went to a mall that we don't ordinarily go to and we saw a store called B. Moss, which had amazingly beautiful dresses in their storefront. I walked in and saw that most of their gorgeous dresses were around $100 and I really didn't feel like dropping that much money. I thought we wouldn't have much success in that store but I reluctantly continued to look around. I worked my way back to the sales rack and found a whole pile of beautiful dresses in my size. They were originally $80 a piece but on the tag they were marked down to $30. I was bragging to John about how perfect and incredibly cheap they were when a lady who worked there came over to tell us that they were AN ADDITIONAL 50% off of the clearance price!!!!!!!!! That was the first step but the hardest part is usually finding dresses to fit me. I'm 4'11 and things don't usually flatter my body type so I didn't want to get too excited. However, I found not only one, but TWO amazing dresses that fit me like a glove! I couldn't decide which one to get so I got both of them. One of them was only $10 and the other was $15. I was only going to get one but I couldn't resist such a great sale. Can you believe it??? Everyone needs to find a B. Moss and GO THERE!

Our next line of business was finding the perfect dress for Miss Brooke. This is usually an easy job because stores are generally overflowing with precious baby girl stuff. We went to Macy's and got her a fancy, silky dress that will be so elegant and adorable on her. It was originally $60 and we got it for $14!! While it's not nearly as good of a bargain as my two dresses were, it's still a great deal, in my book. I'm just on a roll today!

Speaking of bargains, I'm now a believer in Aldi's, a discount grocery store. My mother-in-law has been going there for years to do her grocery shopping and I never really thought of it as a good place to go. She tried and tried to persuade me but I didn't think it would be worth my while. HOLY COW... I tried it out a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked. Everything from cheese, yogurt, milk, eggs, baking supplies, fresh meats, and produce is MUCH cheaper. On top of that, it's all GOOD stuff too. I have never been disappointed with anything I've purchased there. When I went to Wal Mart to do grocery shopping I usually spent $125-$150 every two weeks but now that I go there I only spend $80 every two weeks. That's an incredible difference! I still go to Wal Mart for cleaning supplies, diapers, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and napkins but those are things that don't need to be bought every week. I also shop random grocery stores for sales on meats or soda. I like to stock up on those things so I'm always looking for a good price on them. Anyways, check Aldi's out! If you have any reservations about going there GET OVER IT. You will save mega money!

Alrighty, I'm off to watch a movie with my man. I love him so much!! I even think he loves me too:-)

No comments: