Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spiders On The Ceiling

I was laying in bed last night, feeling very relaxed and comfortable. I was about to doze off next to my snoring husband, which is a rarity! However, something prevented me from going to sleep. There was this black spot on our ceiling that kept moving and my curiosity demanded that I got to the bottom of it. Well, I'm sure you can guess (because of this post's title) that it was a spider! I wanted to scream!

I told myself that it was only a silly spider and it couldn't hurt me so I armed myself with a magazine with full intentions of killing it. I lost all my courage when I got closer to it because I realized that it was just too big and way too scary for me to handle on my own. I woke John up and let's just say that he wasn't the most happy person in the universe to be awake. He took a hammer to tap it with (I think that might have been the sleepiness that made him do that) and for a few minutes I thought he just might hit ME with the hammer. Ha! So, anyways, he killed the one spider and as he was about to sit right back down I saw another one. Since he was already up, it didn't take much persuasion to get him to kill that one also.

About 10 to 15 minutes later, I saw THREE more of these nasty creatures on my ceiling. The thought of waking my already cranky husband didn't thrill me to death but I decided that my fear of spiders took precedence over my relationship with my husband at the time! Lol! This time around, he was VERY angry but at least the dumb spiders were killed.

As I rolled over to go to sleep I saw one more spider on the ceiling but I didn't dare say anything about. I just stayed awake and watched it disappear into the crevice of the closet door. It was all I could do to sleep last night!

I'm seriously such a wimp when it comes to all things gross and/or scary. I hate any type of bug, rodent, insect, or animal. John can't seem to understand my intense fear of such things! I know the best way to eliminate a fear is to face it, but I am NOT ready to face spiders (or any other nasty creature, for that matter).

Okay, enough of my ranting and ravings on spiders... It's time to get ready to go to the movies tonight! I can't wait. John and I haven't had a date in so very long.

No comments: