Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Peanut Butter, Planting, and Pink Eye

Last night John went into work thinking that he had pink eye. He lost his glasses in our move and he couldn't wear his contacts because they irritated him so bad so he really couldn't see very well at all. With all of this going on, I desperately tried to persuade him to call in and because he's some warrior or something he refused. He decided that he would attempt to go in and see if they could swing it without him. The man NEVER calls in...Ever. Anyways, he called me saying that his sergeant wouldn't let him go and that he would just have to tough it out. I was EXTREMELY ticked off. I said some choice words about the administration at his job and how it doesn't pay to be a hard-working, honest cop because they just walk all over him. John gave me the speech about how he works for God and not for the police force and I after he hung up I felt very agitated. About 10 minutes later he came home. I assumed that he was just stopping by for a drink or something, but he started to take his gun off and put it in his safe. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he said that his sergeant never told him that he couldn't go home and he just wanted to see how ticked off I would get. Lol! I was SO happy and I felt kind of bad for being so annoyed at his boss when he didn't even do anything. John also has tonight and tomorrow night off so this is another long weekend for him. HOORAY! I LOVE when my husband doesn't have to work.

Brooke had just started to sleep through the night right before we moved and when we finally settled into this house she completely reverted back to her old non-sleeping ways. I wanted to teach her how to sleep again but I figured that I would just wait until the wedding was over because I didn't know if the staying in the hotel for two nights would have ruined it. Anyways, when we got back, all I had to do was let her cry through one waking and now she's back to sleeping through the night again. That was painless! She's a new kid now and I'm a new, rested mama! Brooke went to bed at 8last night and she slept in her crib until 7 this morning!!!!!!!! I was elated when I looked at the clock this morning. I brought her into bed with us and nursed her and she slept until almost 10. It was HEAVENLY. John and I are still rejoicing about our late morning!

After we got ourselves together we went to the nursery to get more flowers. John's uncles work there so we get a pretty sweet discount. We save SO much money, thanks to those guys! We bought Impatiens, Begonias, Hostas, Petunias, Geraniums, Star Gazer Lillies, Foxgloves, and Dahlias and we spent our afternoon and evening outside planting everything. Our yard is really coming along! We have so many beautiful different colors of flowers and they all go together so nicely. I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted to my yard. It seems to be all I can think about lately! I can't wait to get right back out there tomorrow.

As for Brooke's addiction, it's peanut butter. HOLY COW! The baby who eats absolutely NOTHING will eat peanut butter.. And LOTS of it too. My doctor suggested waiting until she was about 18-24 months old before introducing it to her but a couple of months ago she had an accidental exposure to it (thanks to a daddy who will remain nameless!) and she did totally fine with it. Now when she wakes up she says "butter!" Every single meal or snack now she'll go to the kitchen cupboard and pull the jar of peanut butter out and attempt to open in. This morning she dipped cheese and watermelon in peanut butter. YUCK! Most of the times she will not eat anything BUT peanut butter so I've resorted to giving her heaping spoon fulls of it to suck on. This is the only way I can seem to give my baby something healthy that she'll actually eat. Man, I wish she would eat better. If she stops liking "butter" I don't know what I'll do!

Alrighty, John's off so I'm going to go enjoy a movie with him. I'm so excited! I love spending time with him so much:-)

No comments: