Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sleep, A New Phenomenon

Brooke has been sleeping so well lately that I'm seriously the happiest mother known to man! This is what she did over the last 24 hours...

*7:45 P.M. Wednesday to 7 this she slept in her crib without making a peep.
*I nursed her in our bed and she fell back asleep until 9:30 A.M.
*At 1:45 she was begging to take a nap. I put her in her crib and I didn't hear from her until 4:40. CRAZY!
*She was asking to go "night night" at around 7:45 tonight so I put her in her crib. She lied there singing songs and talking until 8:30 when she finally fell asleep. I felt bad leaving her in there but I think that she enjoys that time to herself sometimes.

Hopefully tonight is as blissfully wonderful as the last several nights have been. Honestly, I'm a new woman. I don't want to sound like I only enjoy motherhood when things are good, but being able to sleep through the night has totally rejuvenated and encouraged me. I feel like I have SO much energy and like I'm a million times more productive now that my sleep is broken up all night long. I feel so relieved now and I'm getting baby fever for baby #2 worse than ever now. Soon!

I wish that Brooke would start eating well to go along with her new sleeping habits but I'm afraid that that's a long shot. She now refuses eggs, cheese, potatoes and yogurt, which were ALWAYS on her safe list. Can you say FRUSTRATING???? It drives me insane because I worry so much about her not being properly nourished. I really hope that she comes around soon. She's only nursing twice a day now so you would think that she would be more hungry. I guess not...

Well, now my hubby has to go to work:-( We had the most AMAZING three days together. They were just what the doctor ordered. With Brooke sleeping through the night we were able to watch movies and be together without a baby crying. I don't think we've ever laughed as much as we did over the last couple of days. I fell a million times more in love with him. No exaggeration either! Man, I wish he didn't have to leave:-( Such is life though. Time to go make his lunch...

No comments: