Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood!

Today was absolutely gorgeous outside!! The temperature was in the mid 70's and the sun was shining. Alison and Nathan came over and we pulled the kids around town in Brooke's wagon. I've been jogging/power walking this same 1.1 mile route every day and I was happy to be able to share my exercise time with Ali and the kids. Somehow it goes quicker with company!

As we were walking, Brooke threw her shoe out of the wagon without me knowing it. Luckily somebody driving by witnessed it and honked to get my attention. I was so thankful because they were really nice Stride Rite sandals that wouldn't have been the cheapest to replace. I decided that I love my small town! People are so friendly and everyone seems to really look out for one another. Everywhere you go people wave to you and treat you like a friend. It's great!

Speaking of nice people, we found a basket of muffins, cookies, and danishes in our car this afternoon. It was prepared for us by some of our neighbors that live across the street. They also wrote us a really nice card that said that they really look forward to getting to know us and that they're there if we need anything. They're an elderly couple that is always outside working in their beautiful garden and they seem so sweet! I was really touched that they did that for us and it once again confirmed that I love our new location.

Well, I'm off to bed. Our busy day spent in the sun really tired me out!

No comments: