Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wedding Bells Are Ringing

No, not for me... For my husband's brother, Josh. The wedding is not until Saturday at 5 but we're leaving early tomorrow morning because it's a three hour trip to the site of the wedding. Also, the rehearsal dinner is tomorrow night and it is going to be a picnic, which I have to help Patty prepare food for. We got a nice hotel and we're going to stay Friday night and Saturday night so it will be a nice little getaway for us all. John doesn't have to back at work until Sunday so I'm REALLY excited about that!

John's the best man but I keep telling him he better not wear his tuxedo because he'll put the groom to shame.. Jokingly, of course. I look forward to seeing him all dressed up and fancy. As for me, I'm not a bridesmaid or anything but I'm excited about having an excuse to wear a pretty dress and to put Brooke in her precious new dress that we bought for her. That will be lots of fun! I hope that I can get some good pictures of the three of us too.

I was kind of dreading this whole wedding weekend for a couple of reasons. 1, The drive will be anything but fun with Brooke. She usually does well until she reaches her breaking point. When she breaks WATCH out! 2, Brooke's sleeping habits are NOT good at a hotel. I'm not looking forward to trying to coax her into sleeping for those two nights. Lastly... Because John's in the wedding and I'm not, he'll spend much of Saturday running around with his brother (As he DEFINITELY should) and getting ready for the wedding, which will leave me all alone with Brooke in a strange place for the whole day. I've decided that I'll go and make the best of it and once the ceremony is over I'll have my husband back. They aren't having a head table at the reception so I won't have to sit without John, which is great. When I heard that I felt a lot better about things.

About a month ago the bride asked me to be the pianist for the wedding. I happily agreed because I love playing bridal music and I was looking forward to making it really nice for them. The truth is, it felt REALLY good and humbling to be included in their special day. I even fished out all my wedding music, which was NOT easy in the midst of a move. I also dedicated any of my precious, valuable free time that I had at the church (because I got rid of my piano at home) into practicing the music to make it perfect. So, anyways, she called me a couple of weeks ago and said they didn't need me to play. YIKES! It's all good though. I understand that things don't work out. She asked me to sing a song with my sister so Alison and I are going to be singing "By Heart, By Soul" by Avalon and I'll play the piano for that. We've worked really hard on it so I'm excited to sing it. I'm also very nervous about singing at their wedding because I want it to be special and flawless. I never, ever, ever get nervous playing in front of a crowd because I have been my church's pianist since I was 11! However, any time I have to sing in front of people I get butterflies in my stomach. Wish me luck!

So, with all that being said I'm going to try really hard to be a helper and a friend this weekend, despite the fact that I'm not in the wedding or anything. If they need anything at all I'll be the first one to jump up and go do it. And who knows? I may even relax some and enjoy myself too! It's supposed to be beautiful weather so that will be awesome!

Everyone have a great weekend! I'll be on Sunday and hopefully I'll have some pictures to share!

No comments: