Saturday, May 31, 2008

More On Gardening

My latest gardening addiction has continued! I just LOVE working in my yard more and more as the days go by. I don't even remember the last time I turned on the TV during the daytime because any and all of my free time has been consumed by working outside. It's the perfect hobby because it's good exercise and it's so rewarding.I have no clue what I'll do in the winter when I won't have my garden to work in. I hate that thought:-( We'll cross that bridge when we get there though.

I've never been the type of person who likes to get dirty or do a lot of physical labor and I've always been repulsed by dirt and bugs. I still despise insects but when I have my special gardening gloves on I'm like this superwoman (HAHA) who doesn't care about that kind of stuff. Maybe there should be a comic book called "Jillian the Magic Gardening Woman?" Lol! Anyways, it's just great being outside. I've only been at this gardening thing for a couple of days and I already have a pretty nice tan to show for it. I love it!

Today I planted Candy stripe Phlox, some more Geraniums (pink, white, and red), and my new Rose bush! Everything looks so pretty! I also built a retaining wall in front of my house and I'm going to plant all of my new perennials there, which are Lillies, Lindux, and Lillybells. When everything starts to bloom it's going to be absolutely gorgeous!! Patty also made me an amazing bucket with potted flowers. It's like something out of a magazine it's so pretty.

Brooke's been taking a 1.5-2 hour nap every day lately and it has freed up so much time for ME. I always used to spend that time preparing dinner or doing laundry, but now that I'm so captivated by yard work, I feel like I'm actually doing something for my enjoyment. I take my baby monitor outside with me and I have at it. It's a great system and I'm SO happy that Brooke's napping like she is.

Alrighty, it's time to send my hubby out the door:-( I HATE THIS! I'll leave you with a picture of my precious girl. Enjoy!

No comments: