Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where Has My Baby Gone?

Brooke has been developing so much lately. She's not a baby anymore and while it's exciting and fun, it's breaking my heart! I look at her now and see this big, independent toddler with a mind of her own. We're having such a blast though so I can't complain!

Brookie said her first sentence yesterday! She said, "Bless you, Papa!" to my dad. She's been saying two-word phrases like "Up, please" or "Please, Mommy" and I'm loving this new phase in which she can learn to communicate with us much better. She's also started to make her words possessive. For instance, she'll point to John's phone and say "Daddy's." She's such a sponge too.. She is starting to repeat almost everything we say so we really have to watch out what comes out of our mouths. Even words like "stupid" or "dumb" I try not to say because I do NOT want that being in her repertoire! So, needless to say, I'm VERY careful when I chose my words, as of late.

Brooke can now say the names of almost every single one of our extended family members. Pretty impressive! It's funny because if I say "Grammy" she knows that it goes with "Papa" or if I say "Alison" that it goes with "Luke" or "Nathan." She always appropriately pairs people together.

She LOVES to be outside. We went for our jog this afternoon and then we spent probably another couple hours or so outside. I worked in the yard and she played. When it was time to come back inside she had a conniption. She seriously threw herself on the ground, arched her back, and held her breath. She got over it eventually but it was NOT easy persuading her that being inside would be fun. Lol

We went for a walk to get some ice cream after dinner tonight. Brooke loves to be in her wagon so much. Anyways, when we got home I told her that it was bath time. I turned the water on and then I went in the linen closet to get her a wash cloth. In the two seconds I was turned around Brooke managed to climb in the tub with her clothes, shoes, and bow still on. She shocked me! She was on all fours just waiting for me. I'm SO thankful I had been in the same room because she could have drown if I hadn't of been there. I never knew she could climb into the tub like that. That girl is going to give me a heart attack!

Brooke is still obsessed with shoes. I think that she would be content to sit there playing with her shoes all afternoon. It's so precious because whenever I tell her that it's time to go bye bye she goes and gets me my shoes and puts them on my feet. It amazes me because she always gets two shoes that are in the same pair. She doesn't always have good taste in what she picks to match my outfit but what can I expect from a baby? Lol! After I have my shoes on she always goes and gets hers too. So sweet!

So, yes, that's what I've been up to lately... Enjoying my blossoming daughter. I don't think I could love her more if I tried. I leave you with this precious, ice cream covered face...

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Ah, what a cutie! And this is just the beginning of the MOST FUN you will EVER have! Enjoy your chatty girl!