Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Short and Sweet

This is going to be a very short entry because of American Idol's season finale tonight.

I just wanted to brag on my baby. Tonight during praying meeting I left Brooke in the church nursery with my mother-in-law. She said that Brooke started saying "poop" over and over again so she took her to the potty. She sat her on the toilet and went immediately. Patty had to go chase my nephew, Nathan, who she was watching also, so she missed Brooke frantically signing and saying "more." She ended up pooping a little bit more on the floor because Patty wasn't able to catch her in time. I am SO impressed. I never thought that her interest in the potty at home would carry over to church or anywhere outside of our home. Crazy!

Brooke poops almost all the time on the toilet now! I haven't changed a poopy diaper since Monday and it's SO nice. She pees occasionally on the toilet but not regularly, which is fine by me. She loves to sit on the potty so she's always saying "pabee" so she can sit on it for fun. Lol! At least she's not intimidated by the toilet like some babies.

So, that's where we're out! I'm so excited. I live, breathe, and sleep potty lately. It has definitely consumed most of my thoughts. I hope things continue to go at this rate!

Okay, American Idol is calling my name. Go David Cook!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Wow, I can't believe it! Marissa had some interest a while back, but never actually followed through with it on the potty. That's amazing that she's doing so well so often. Soon we'll start pushing it with Marissa, but I'm not looking forward to it!