Friday, January 25, 2008

I Love A Bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I am so excited to report my successful, wonderful, amazing, productive day of shopping. I went to Old Navy because Alison told me that they were having a great baby sale and holy cow, she definitely was NOT kidding! I got Brooke 15 things for the Spring and Summer and a few shirts that she can wear now. It all totalled up to $216 originally but after they took another 50% off the clearance price I paid only $50 for all that stuff. Can you believe it?? I am so excited. I always stock up when I see bargains because baby clothes are so expensive when they aren't on sale. Yay for me!

After I first got to Old Navy I saw the most beautiful, elegant dress for Brooke. It's pink and black and it has really nice fabric. It was originally $25 and it was marked down to $5 so I knew she had to have it. Anyways, Sarah and I both decided that it would be perfect for Brooke's birthday dress. I was still planning on buying her the $80 Gymboree outfit that her grandmas gave me money for but Sarah I both decided that that was frivolous when we could get that beautiful dress for only $5. So, I called both grandmas and told them and they each insisted that I spent the rest of the money on either her birthday party or on the other clothes I bought today. Aren't they awesome? I really feel like I was a better steward of that money to no blow it on that one outfit.

So, John and I had been tossing around the idea of taking a really nice vacation this March or April. We pretty much decided that we would put those plans on hold because we're moving in February and there's a lot of expenses involved in that. However, Patty's (John's mom) cousin flies for business and he gets over a million frequent flyer miles per year. Patty mentioned to him that we were thinking of going somewhere and he said that he wanted to give us the miles to go for FREE. Isn't that crazy? So, we were going to go to Key West. We went there on part of our honeymoon and fell in love with it. It's like the most amazing place on Earth. No lie! However, his frequent flyer miles won't let us fly into there because it's a small airport with restrictions. He said that he could fly us into Hawaii and John and looked on Priceline and there are tons of hotels that we can bid on there!! So, we're trying to pick some dates to go and we really think we might go to Hawaii! We figure that this will be last time for a long time that we'll have the money and time to go. Once we have more kids it will probably become cost prohibitive to go. So, if it all works out I'll be basking in the sun sometime SOON!!!! :-)

Okay, Brooke's napping so I'm going to go be productive. Before that though, I think I'll admire her new clothes one more time:-)

No comments: