Sunday, January 27, 2008

TRULY A Day Of Rest!

I don't remember the last Sunday that I was able to have "a day of rest." When Brooke was born my tradition for napping on Sundays was thrown completely out the window! We could still nap on Sundays when she was a newborn but I was almost always interrupted from very restful sleep by having to nurse her or clean up her spit up. It comes with the territory though and I'll take it:-)

Anyways, John and Patty (my in-laws) asked if they could have Brooke for the afternoon today. I'm always, always leery about being away from her just because I'm so crazy about her. However, I know that they love her and that they treat her like I queen so I said yes. We all went out to lunch after church so I didn't even have to leave her until 1:30. After lunch I went home and for the first time in a year, I curled up next to my husband and slept the afternoon away! It was so amazing being able to relax with him COMPLETELY UNINTERRUPTED!! It took me almost an hour to fall asleep and I woke up several times in the middle of our nap thinking that I heard Brooke crying. I did manage to get some decent sleep though! We woke up around 3:45 and I did a total clean sweep of my house and I finished all of our laundry. Then we headed out the door to be at church by 5. I was so happy to see Brooke and sadly enough she could have cared less to see me. Lol! I was relieved to hear that she had had a great day with no fussing or anything. That's my girl!

It's so weird because 2 years ago from today was my rehearsal dinner for my wedding and 1 year ago from today was my baby shower. Nothing too monumental happened today like in the years past but I've had fun remembering those times. It's crazy how time flies!

John and I are leaving for our little getaway fairly early tomorrow so I most likely won't be able to get on here to post something sentimental and sappy about my anniversary. So, I guess I'll do it now. Lol! I just want to say how much I love my husband and how special I feel every day that I get to be married to him. Seriously, to this day, I am honored and proud every time he introduces me as his wife or someone calls me "Mrs D." Marriage is tough business and while it's romantic to think that love is all you need to succeed, unfortunately it's not true. It's honestly a constant JOB and effort and I am so blessed to have a man of God as my husband who works just as hard (or harder) than I do to keep our marriage as wonderful as it can be. These last 2 years have filled with lots of wonderful things but there have also been low points to go right along with it. We've learned through the bad times and we have grown so much through them also. John has brought me the most joy that I've ever had and I feel so excited every time I think about the years to come. I wouldn't want to be in this life with anyone else than John, my best friend. I fall more in love with him every day. God has been so good to us!

Okay, I'm off to pack for our trip. I'll be back on in a few days!

No comments: