Saturday, January 5, 2008

"Thank You"

Every single time I change Brooke's diapers I sing her a song. It just says, "Thank you God for nice dry diapers. Thank you God!" Whenever she eats something or has clothes put on we sing another similar song that thanks God for whatever it may be.

People sometimes poke fun at my incessant singing or even get annoyed at its frequency, but the other day Brooke looked up at me while I was changing her diaper and said, "Thank you!" Patty (my mother-in-law) happened to be right next to me and she and I both questioned whether Brooke really said it or not. Only seconds later, though, she said it again! Now she says it just about every time her diaper gets changed and at several other times throughout the day. It just sounds so beautiful and precious to me every time I hear it. I feel so proud that my singing has really rubbed off on her... Even just a little bit. Needless to say, I'll continue to sing my heart out!

My dad has said from the pulpit many times that an attitude is "caught not taught." I'm honestly trying to show Brooke to live her life giving constant thanks and credit to God for every little thing she has. I hope that my continual songs of thanks to God will show her, even at this young age, to have the right attitude about things.

In other news, I've been on a cooking rampage this week. I've managed to make all kinds of fun things. I love cooking and I'm so excited for my new kitchen in my new house. The appliances are much nicer and I'll have so much more room to spread out! YAY!!!! This week I made a braciole, which is an Italian stuffed flank steak that is cooked in a white wine and marinara sauce. That was to die for! Everyone should try it. I also invented a new variation of pork chops... I dipped them in ranch dressing and then bread crumbs and then I pan fried them in olive oil. They seriously melted in your mouth, if I do say so myself! Then today I made homemade banana muffins with a cream cheese filling and homemade lasagna with a homemade sauce. The homemade sauce made the lasagna incredible and everyone loved it. I'm telling you, I want my own cooking show. Lol! I get so much satisfaction and joy out of cooking for people.

Andy, Tristyn, and Hudson came over tonight and we really enjoyed ourselves. We haven't seen them in a while so it was nice to catch up. Hudson is about 7 months older than Brooke but they still managed to have a whole lot of fun together! They even took a bath with one another. I saw Hudson sneak a few kisses from Brooke in but I let it slide.. This time, anyways! :-)

Well, John's off tonight so I'm going to go enjoy a movie or something with him. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

No comments: