Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lots To Report...

Man, it seems like there's just so many things going on with my little family and me. The biggest news is that the lady accepted our offer on the house and it looks like we're MOVING! After all of the ups and downs and frustrations, God has provided the perfect house for us. I'm ecstatic! I'm not sure when we're closing yet but when I found out I'll let you know.

John and I prayed that God would give us a house that we could use to serve Him and this house has so much space for entertaining. I have always used my gifts in hospitality to serve God, so this is an answer to that prayer! I am so excited to be able to have people over and to be able throw parties. I love being a hostess! It's got a great family room/toy room that I can just see my kids having sleepovers in. I want to be the house that everyone wants to come to. Hopefully that's how it will work out one day! The house also has a 3 seasons room/sun room and we're trying to think of some creative uses for that.

This house, as great as it is, has one major down point... The 2 extra bedrooms are pretty small. I can only fit one kid in each room and we want to have 3 or 4 kids. The master bedroom is very big, so we're thinking that when the time comes we can knock down some walls and make it work somehow. Though this was a deterrent to me, John reminded me that we only have one baby now and baby #2 isn't conceived yet, so we have several years before we need to even think about that. The previous owners had 3 kids and they fit just fine. Who knows though? God might be calling us to move somewhere else by then. You just never know!

I am also excited because the house is in a little village and I could walk the kids to school if I wanted to! It's on a quaint little road on a nice, quiet street and I can envision walks, bike rides, and rides in the wagon. I'm so excited for the warm weather now (especially after our cool 7 degree day today).

It's so funny because our house now is only 900 square feet and this house is 1,700 square feet, not including the 3 seasons room. It's going to look so bare in that house with our small furniture collection. We only have living room furniture, a beautiful bedroom set, Brookie's bedroom set, an entertainment center, and an entry way table. We also have a kitchen table but we want to buy a nice, elegant table for the formal dining room. Our computer desk now is too big so we're going to buy a smaller desk for the computer so we can put it in the family room without it being too gaudy. We still need coffee tables and family room furniture but Rome wasn't built in a day!

John promised me that when we got a bigger house we would start talking about having another baby. By the time we move in Brooke will be over a year and I had always envisioned us trying for #2 when she was that old, but part of me wants to wait. I want another baby more than anything in the universe because being a mommy is just the most amazing thing ever. However, the more I space my babies out the more time I have to savor my childbearing years. I know it sounds corny, but the thought of being done having my babies and not being pregnant ever again makes me so sad. I feel like spacing them out will help me hold onto these precious years a little bit longer. I'm just going to pray that God will show us HIS perfect time and that we would accept whatever His answer is. After all, He's got it all figured out:-)

I am feeling a little bit sad to leave this house because it's HOME to me. I know that in no time the new house will be our home, but the transition is a bit emotional for me. I'm not too fond of change:-(

I wasn't going to say much about anything else today, but I have to make a few quick comments on Brooke. She is blossoming like crazy and I'm amazed at her! Here's what's up:

~She now walks everywhere. She rarely crawls anymore. Less than a month ago she took her first step and I'm shocked that she's fine tuned her walking so rapidly!

~She now is actually taking a regular afternoon nap!! I never thought this would happen, but it has. She'll even nap in her crib and not in my arms!

~She has added "thank you," "ball," and "juice" to her vocabulary. I have a cute story about "thank you," but we'll save that for another time.

~She is now the queen of self-soothing. She goes to bed around 7 or 8 and sleeps straight through until 4 or 5 in the morning. She'll cry on and off throughout the night, but she never requires my help or attention to go back down. She just developed this.. I never had to do "cry-it-out" for any of her nighttime wakings. Go Brookie! The next step is putting her back in her crib when she wakes up in the early morning. I just need to stop being so lazy and DO IT...

~She only nurses 3-5 times during the day and once in the early morning:-( Sometimes it's even less than that. It's kind of sad and kind of happy to see her wean herself of feedings. I don't have to wear nursing pads anymore and it's so liberating! I could probably even get by without wearing a nursing bra. That would just be too adventurous though! Lol

~She's developed 2 annoying habits:
1. If I leave her bow in her hair while we're in the car she'll rip her bow and rubber band completely out of her head. Ouch! I've learned to avoid this by taking her bow out each time she gets in the car. Without a bow to interest her she leaves the rubber band alone.
2. She now knows how to take off her diaper. Fun times for me, huh?

So that's the deal with us. It's late so I'm going to go try to get some rest. Goodnight everyone!

No comments: