Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Poor Little Princess:-(

Brookie is still sick and she's pitiful! I truly ache all over for her and have a pit in my stomach because there's nothing I can do to help her. I'm frustrated at my helplessness in this situation.

Yesterday she was running a 103-104 degree fever on and off all day. She was pretty much taking a does of Motrin every 6 hours. I really hate giving her so much medicine but I couldn't let her have a high fever like that without giving her something to bring it down. She's also been very fussy and she only wants to nurse and sleep. It kind of reminds me of her infant days and I'll admit that's been nice have someone to snuggle with me again. I forgot what that was like!

She's had the bad diarrhea and now that she's on antibiotic it's even worse. I feel awful because she has a really diaper rash due to all of it and I keep trying to fix that for her. She's not peeing though. Last night I changed her diaper at 10 and when she woke up at 4 with a fever this morning, it was still completely dry. She then went back to sleep until 10 and her diaper had absolutely NO pee in it. I was very concerned that she wasn't peeing but she still has tears and my doctor said that if she has tears and she's nursing she should be okay. I'm definitely keeping a close eye on that.

I missed church today which is something I rarely do. I am DYING to get out of the house but I couldn't infect everyone else at church (Especially Jeremy, another baby in the church nursery) just for my selfish desire. Besides, Brooke really needs to be home resting anyways. I'm the church pianist and I always feel bad when I'm not there to play, but Brooke's needs are absolutely a million times more important than that.

She seems to be doing pretty well this afternoon. Her fever isn't as high and it's controlled completely with Motrin. She has her fussy moments, but in comparison, she's doing well. She now has cold-like symptoms so I'm thinking that that's what will hit us next. Darn it all! Just when I think that things are looking up THIS happens!

My sister-in-law, Sarah, is coming over to watch Brooke for a little bit tonight so John and I can go to church. We're involved in a parenting study that we love and John promised me that I could get out to go to that. I've been kind of stir crazy! Sarah is amazing with Brooke so I think that she'll be totally fine. It won't even be 2 hours that we'll be gone and Sarah is one of the most capable people I know when it comes to babies. We're only 10 minutes down the road from the church too, so it's not like I won't be there if my baby girl needs me.

I am so amazed at my husband. He has been the best friend, support, and help to me during Brooke's sickness. He's been doing the housework that I haven't been able to get done due to Brooke's clinginess. More importantly, though, he's been encouraging me so much and keeping me great company in the midst of being trapped in the house. I haven't been out since Thursday night! YIKES!

Brooke's taking a nap in her crib right now. This is the first time in days that I've been able to get her to nap without being in my arms. So, I think I'm going to try to go make better use of my time and get some work done.

Hopefully Brooke will be all better tomorrow. Please pray for us! Thank you :-)

No comments: