Saturday, January 12, 2008

We're ALL Talk

Ugh, I'm so mad at John and me. We were determined to work on Brooke's nighttime wakings over his days off and we totally gave in. Our bed was far too comfortable to coax Brookie into sleeping in her crib so we made absolutely NO progress. Sadly, we didn't even attempt to. We're pitiful.. I know! The biggest problem is that we have always brought her back into bed with us when she wakes up so we do it subconsciously in our sleep. Some mornings we wake up with her next to us and we don't even know how she got there. I'm not really sure how we can fix that.

I'm really going to try to be patient with my princess in this area. Sleeping through the night is a discipline and it's not something that I have really taught her to do well ON HER OWN. Like I said, when we co-sleep, she doesn't even wake. We've spoiled her with our presence at night. Then again, though, she goes through periods will she will sleep through the night in her crib too, so I'm not really sure what all this is about.

John and I definitely want to have another baby in the relatively near future so that is a HUGE motivator to get Brooke's sleep back on track. I know that that baby isn't even conceived yet so we have time, but the thought of waking up with TWO children in the middle of the night freaks me out. I cannot be doing that! So I guess I'll remind myself of that in the middle of the night when all I want to do is sleep!

We had a really nice day today! John took us to the outlet malls because Brooke needed new shoes and the Stride Rite Outlet has nice baby shoes at pretty decent prices. We went in search of brown dress shoes for Brooke because she had none, only to discover that her current black shoes were a size too small. The shoes were like 30 bucks a piece and we really didn't want to pay that but we didn't see much of an option. The baby has to have shoes! However, we ran over to the Osk Kosh Outlet and they had their $35 brown shoes on clearance for $8!!!!!! So, we bought the cheap brown shoes there and then went back to Stride Rite for the more expensive black shoes. We saw some cute Nike sneakers but Brooke's Nike's still fit her so we refrained. Next time!

Aren't kids expensive? Man! The sad thing is that most of the things she needs aren't what cost us so much.... It's the things I WANT her to have. Lol! I want her to have the nicest clothes and shoes and I love when she has A LOT of clothes to rotate through. I was proud of myself today, though, because I saw deal after deal after deal on baby clothes but I didn't buy any clothes for her. Brooke has so many clothes (for this season alone) that she honestly doesn't have to wear the same outfit twice in a 3 or 4 week period. Yikes! Someone likes to shop a little too much! In all fairness to me, though, she has so many family members that shower her with love and gifts, so it's not entirely my fault! I am wicked excited because she needs new spring clothes so that will be a fun shopping trip when it warms up a bit.

We entered Brooke in the baby contest that the Regis and Kelly Show is putting on. It looks like a pretty cool contest! The grand prize is $125,000 towards a college education, an all expense paid trip to NYC to be on the show, and your baby gets to be on the cover of some magazine. There's also 10 different lower placings that have all sorts of prizes to go with them. Though we know our baby is beautiful, we doubt she'll win anything. Really, I'm sure MANY people put their baby in the contest and there has got to be an enormous pool of gorgeous babies to pick from. Then again, what baby could be more gorgeous than mine?? :-) Lol!

Well, John goes back to work tonight:-( It's time to go make his lunch and spend some time with him before he goes in.

No comments: