Monday, January 7, 2008

Picky Eater

I don't understand my daughter lately! She has turned into this SUPER picky eater and she spits almost everything out of her mouth. Sure, she loves crackers and Chex cereal, but when it comes to things that are GOOD for her, she won't participate in eating them. I'm so confused because she used to love just about anything!

She used to love baby food veggies... Even the nasty ones like green beans and garden vegetables. Now she GAGS when we give them to her. Interesting. Baby foods like sweet potatoes, carrots, and fruits she doesn't gag on, but she just acts totally disinterested and pushes me away. If I persist and I try to feed her more, she spazzes on me.

When Brooke started to act annoyed by baby foods I just figured that we would move her alone to small amounts of table foods. Much to my frustration, she doesn't want anything to do with table foods either. This is so strange because she used to freak out on us any time we didn't share with her. If we're having rice or potatoes she might want a few bites of it but she'll even spit that out after eating a tiny bit. She used to love meats and now she just spits them out too.

Brooke used to love cheese so I would always load her up on little pieces of cheddar cheese throughout the day to keep her satisfied. Now she hates cheese! She won't have ricotta cheese when I cook Italian food either, which used to be on of her favorites.

Thankfully we've found 2 foods that she has never refused and they are refried beans and YoBaby Yogurt. Thank goodness for those foods because there seems to be very few other things on this planet that my daughter will eat!

I know that babies go through these stages and I also know that Brooke doesn't technically need the nutrients from table food at this young age, however, it is frustrating! I feel like we went from 3 solid meals a day and now I'm lucky to get just 1 in her. I'm just glad that I'm still nursing her because if not I would be frantic and so concerned that she wasn't getting enough to eat.

My parents asked if Brooke could come over for dinner tonight, which I thought was wicked cute. Nobody really ever asks for her so it kind of surprised me, but of course I said yes. They ARE her grandparents! They also invited Nathan. The babies were only over there for a few hours and I guess they had so much fun and neither of them even so much as whimpered while we were away. They played games, read books, rocked in the rocking chair, had dinner, and then they took a bath together. It was nice to pick her up and not have to worry about bath time when we got home. John and I just ran some errands during our free time and it was so strange being without our princess. It's amazing how much quicker you can run errands without a baby!

Well, I'm off to go finish making John's lunch. He's into salads now so I've been having fun dicing up veggies, cheese, lunch meats, and eggs to go in them. I've even been making him my homemade Italian dressing to go with his salads too and he loves them! I love being a wife:-)

No comments: