Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mumbo-Jumbo

My mom and I made the majority of the petite fours for Brooke's birthday today! Once I got the art of dipping them they started to look really cute, but the first couple were dreadful looking. Though they may not be too beautiful, I am proud that I made them for my daughter. Something about the novelty of them just makes me so happy:-) I would post pictures but you all might laugh at how ugly, or "whimsical" looking they are. Lol!

Only 2 days until mine and John's 2Nd wedding anniversary! Yay! I can't even remember what my life was like before we were married. Life is just wonderful right now that it's hard to believe I ever lived any other way. John got us a really nice hotel for Monday night in Syracuse. We're going to go to Delmonico's for dinner, which is a great, romantic Italian steak house. I'm not sure how romantic it will be with an almost one-year-old in tow but it will still be special! We're also going to enjoy the big mall they have there. I'm really excited!

It's crazy when I think about how fast my life with John has moved. It's insane! It seems like it's been one thing after another.

*September 2001- We met when John's family started attending our church
*January 2004- We started "seeing" one another
*March 25, 2004 - We became an official couple
*March 25, 2005- We got engaged
*August 2005- We bought our first home. (And no, we didn't live together until after the wedding. John lived their alone for a few months)
*January 28, 2006- We were married!!!!!
*February 15, 2007- We welcomed our baby girl into the world.

And... In true John and Jillian fashion, we're purchasing a new home within the next month. So, there's our big milestone for 2008. Hopefully a new baby will be our 2009:-) Anyways, life has been moving so rapidly but I couldn't ask for a better life with my husband and daughter!

In other not-so-wonderful news, Brooke has developed a HORRIBLE new habit. She now wakes up around midnight and screams. Because she goes to bed around 7, I usually nurse her. I then put her back in her crib and she's never, ever in her life had a problem with that... Until NOW. Even if she falls asleep while nursing she wakes up and screams the second I put her down. I've been letting her cry-it-out because I know she's just being ridiculous, but it's so hard. I called John at work last night feeling hopeless because Brooke had been crying for what seemed like forever. It was 1 in the morning at this point and I knew that if I picked her up then she would have won and gotten what she wanted. That's what kept me from caving. The next thing I know, John was here (he was patrolling around here) to help me for a few minutes. Almost immediately after John told Brooke to go to bed she fell asleep. For some reason she'll listen to him so much better when it comes to sleep. I like to joke that I had to call the cops to get Brooke to sleep! Lol! So anyways, I'm hoping that tonight isn't a repeat of the last few nights. I TRULY need my rest.

In vacation news... We decided against Hawaii because it's a 16 hour flight. Neither of us think that sounds fun with Brooke. We decided that we're going to go to San Diego instead. We're so excited!!! We're going to go from the 11Th-17Th of March and I guess that's the peak of when everything blooms there. YAY!!!!!! We're going to have the time of our lives. March can't come quickly enough now!

Alrighty, I'm off to make John's lunch and spend a few minutes with him before he heads out the door. So long!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

wow! that's a lot of stuff happening in your life in a very short period of time! I think I would fall over dead after all that! brooke is so blessed to have a mom like you who cares so much for her! i'm sure her birthday party will be beautiful!