Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm One Proud Aunt!

I just want to take few minutes and brag about my little nephew, Nathan. I'm so completely head-over-heals crazy about that precious little guy. He's almost 18 months old and he is this insane ball of energy that always, always puts the biggest smile on my face. I know that I've said it before, but I couldn't love him more if he was my own son. He has a very special place in my heart.

Every Wednesday I get to watch Nathan and Brooke together in the church nursery for an hour or so. Alison has to prepare the music for Sunday mornings on Wednesdays, which always leaves me with the kiddos. I love it! It's such a blast and every week I become so excited about having another baby because interacting with 2 kids at once is so great.

So, here's the cutest story ever about my little Nathan bug... He loves to rock in the rocking chairs in the church nursery. However, today he only wanted to rock in the chair if Brooke was in it with him. He would climb up in the chair and say, "Brooke, Brooke." He would continue to point to Brooke and repeat her name over and over again until I put her in the chair right beside him. When I put Brooke next to him he would put his little arms around her, so as to protect her (or it seemed that way), and then rock the chair back and forth. Of course Brooke wanted NOTHING to do with that so would fuss until I picked her up. It was kind of funny because Nathan would fuss if Brooke wasn't in the rocking chair and Brooke would fuss if she WAS in the chair. Either way I just couldn't win! I ended up sitting in the rocking chair for a good while holding both of my precious little babies. They were both really clinging onto me so I relished in the rare moment of them both wanting to be quiet and still. Amazing...

I wish that my sister would start blogging again to document all of Nathan's silly ways. ALI, YOU NEED TO START BLOGGING AGAIN!!! Lol! I know that she's busy and blogging isn't one of her top priorities, but man, she could have countless stories of funny Nathan moments to write about. He's such a hilarious baby! His latest thing is saying, "Please Papa." For some reason he puts the "papa" after "please" no matter who he's talking to. All day long you're constantly hearing "Please Papa" over and over and over and over again. One day (and soon, I'm afraid) he's going to realize that "papa" doesn't follow "please" ALL the time and when he does, I'm going to be sad.

Nathan is so sweet with Brooke and he's really learning how to love her and share with her more. The 2 kids fights over a lot of things and they hate to share, but now, Nathan will walk up to Brooke out of the blue and kiss her or hug her. I love to think that he will always have her back. It kind of made me sad at first that Brookie wouldn't have a big brother because I grew up with one. However, I really think that Nathan will play that type of role in her life. I really hope the 2 kids stay close as they grow up. I never had cousins to enjoy and that's something that I think would be really special for my Brooke to have.

Needless to say, being an auntie is one of the best things ever. I'll happily take any more nieces and nephews that anyone wants to give me:-)

John's off tonight and tomorrow night so I'm going to go enjoy him. I'm looking forward to spending the next couple of days with him. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 10:15 but other than that we have nothing else in the universe planned. So, it looks like we'll have a laid back next few days! Thank goodness for that!

No comments: