Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our Little Getaway

We just got back from Syracuse a few hours ago. We had such a nice time together! John had to work Sunday night so he was VERY, VERY sleepy for most of the day onMonday. At first I was super bummed out by that but he ended up taking a nap and perking up just in time for dinner. He also surprised me by staying up late with me!

We got the the hotel and it was absolutely beautiful and immaculate. It was a Double Tree Hotel, which is a division of Hilton Hotels. Our room was so nice and the bed was so comfortable! John rested for about an hour and a half so Brookie and went for a long walk around the hotel to scope it all out. When John woke up we all got ready and went to enjoy the heated indoor pool. It was heavenly! Brooke squealed with delight for the whole half and hour we were swimming. She was so cute because she loved it so much! It felt great to be swimming in the middle of the winter. Just what the doctor ordered! It was really nice because nobody else was there either so we had the whole place to ourselves.

After we swam John took another good nap so Brooke and I entertained ourselves by going to the gift shop. After a while Brooke took a nap so I used that time to get all beautified for our dinner out.

Once everyone was all dressed up (I even put Brooke in a nice dress) we headed out to Delmonico's!!!! We had the most amazing meal! We had an antipasto salad for an appetizer and John and I ordered the same entrees... Sliced sirloin with a reduced red wine sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and mushrooms. It was so delicious! Brooke enjoyed everything too and she was so happy! Everyone in the restaurant doted over her so I'm sure that helped also. Lol! For dessert we had amaretto cheesecake with homemade raspberry sauce and whipped cream, which was the most amazing cheesecakes I've ever put in my mouth. Needless to say, we were stuffed when we left! The best part of the meal was when we went to pay the bill. The server notified us that my parents had called the restaurant and given them their credit card number so we could have a special anniversary dinner on them. We were so shocked and of course extremely grateful. That was such a nice treat and very thoughtful of them! I guess my dad called the restaurant and said that we would be coming in with a baby with "a big bow on her head." HA! He's cute:-)

After we got back to the hotel, Brooke required some coaxing to fall asleep, but once she did John and I were able to relax and spend some time together. It was so nice being able to have those hours alone to enjoy each other!

Today we went shopping and went out for lunch. We got home around 3:30 and have just been hanging out ever since. I got us all unpacked and I finished all of the laundry. Yay for me!

Well, American Idol is on and then One Tree Hill so I'm off to enjoy them with my husband. Sayonara!

No comments: