Monday, January 14, 2008

No Rest For The Weary

So, Brooke's sleep struggles continue. NO FUN! Her latest thing (as of Saturday night) is waking up about an hour and a half after she goes down and wanting to play. Saturday night she woke up at 10 and was awake until 1:30. I let her cry in her crib for the first hour of that time and the rest of it was spent trying to coax her into wearing down. Last night she was awake from 9 until 10:30, again wanting to play. I made sure she was completely full and then I put her in her crib. That made her furious because she was so hyper. I stood my ground, though, and she eventually put herself to sleep. Tonight she woke up after 2 hours except she wanted to eat and then go back to bed. Phew... I am so thankful that she didn't want to play like she did the last couple of nights.

And yes, of course the night wakings are still going on. Not only is she waking up frequently, but to top this whole sleeping ordeal off, she's waking up wicked early. I know that she's not getting enough rest because she's miserable and grumpy. Before this awful stage of sleep for us she was getting anywhere from 12-14 hours of good sleep during the night. Now many of those hours are cut off from her waking up early and from her waking up often throughout the night. What's with this baby????

So, I'm done worrying about sleep. I guess that it is what it is. I'm exhausted and I'm frustrated but I'm not really sure what else I can do. I'm trying to give this to God and though it seems so small to me in the scheme of things, it's HUGE to me right now. Luckily for me, God cares and there is nothing too insignificant in my life for Him to not care about. Pretty amazing, huh?

My DAWG (John's sister who is one of my best friends ever) came over and spent the night with me last night. We had such an awesome time together. We always do. We laughed for hours and ate LOTS of Fun Dip. We woke up with blue fingers this morning. Lol! Somehow I feel like I'm a teenager again when I'm with her and it's such a nice feeling. We have been friends since she was 14 and I was 15 so we have lots of crazy memories with one another. She's a huge blessing to me.

So, I went to Gymboree today to pick up Brooke's birthday outfit only to discover that there was only 1 skirt left. The skirt was a 2T and I was so disappointed that they were out of it, but after examining the skirt, I realized that it wasn't very practical and that it might be kind of itchy for her to wear. I looked everywhere else in the mall to find NOTHING worthy of Brooke so I came home and looked on the Janie and Jack website (which is an upscale version of Gymboree). What do you think about this dress?? I love it! I think that this could be THE dress!




These are the coordinating tights. I'm almost thinking that they're overkill. The dress is so elegant and these tights seem more FUN than elegant. Fun's good, but not mixed with a dressy dress. What do you think?





I started Brooke's petite fours tonight also. I made strawberry cake and used heart shaped cookie cutters to make them into little cakes. In the coming days I'm going to dip them in white chocolate and decorate them with all kinds of pretty candies and icings. So, birthday plans are in full gear. YAY!!

Okay, I'm off to try to get some rest before my princess wakes me up. John's leaving now so I better kiss him too!

No comments: