Sunday, January 6, 2008

Rocking, Rocking!

My nephew, Nathan, is obsessed with rocking in the rocking chair. In the church nursery and at my mom's house, we have always sang him a song (originated by my mom, of course) about rocking. He walks around singing his precious little version of the rocking song and he's on pitch every time! What a talented baby, if I can brag for a moment:-)

Anyways, my Brookie has finally caught on to this! Not only does she get her kicks out of rocking, but she can also say "rocking." She was rocking her infant carrier back and forth the other day and I could have sworn she was saying "rocking," but I thought that I was hearing things. Now I KNOW that it's not in my head because every time she sees a rocking chair or her seat she says "rocking." A bunch of our family has heard Brooke say it too and she's so proud every time we acknowledge that she can say a new word.

I love, love, love this stage of Brooke's life. She is becoming so verbal and learning new words virtually every day. She is so intricately made and it amazes me how much God loves her to make her with so many capabilities. Even at 10 and a half months old she can do so very much. How awesome is God for making human beings so intelligent? So much has to happen for us to exist and I don't get how you could look at a baby (or any human, for that matter) and question God's existence. "Thank you GOD for I am fearfully and wonderfully made!"

I just sent John out the door about 20 minutes ago to go back to work tonight:-( Ugh, I hate the night shift because every night he leaves I get so sad. I know it sounds stupid because we have a great life and he's doing what it takes to provide for us, but the nights that he's home I sleep so soundly because I know that I'm safe. His strong arms fix everything and comfort me so much. It is what it is though, I guess. His first night back at work each week is the hardest so I think that's why I'm feeling especially lonely right now.

I can't get John out of my head since he left. He's my buddy. He really is. He cracked me up today so here's a brief, funny John story: I'm the most uncoordinated person I know and I went to throw one of Brooke's balls to him and ended up missing by a landslide. You know what he said to me?? "Honey, you couldn't throw a ball in the ocean." HAHAHAHAHA! What's really sad is that that's most likely true. Lol! I'm still laughing about that one. My husband makes me smile:-)

Did anybody watch American Gladiators? John and I did tonight and it reminds me so much of being a kid. I'm so into that show right now. It's not even funny! I swear I'll dream about it tonight. It's officially on my list of favorite shows. The heck with my dreams of a cooking show.. I'm moving onto being a gladiator. Lol!

Speaking of shows... I have a complaint about Deal Or No Deal. Why the heck do they have to take a completely non-sexual, family-friendly show and destroy it with scantily dressed women????????????? Though the show's content isn't bad in itself, I think it sucks big time that they have to throw in sexual undertones by having women parading around in next to nothing. I have lingerie less revealing then some of their outfits. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!! I hate how our society has to perverse everything somehow. I'm so annoyed. Perhaps this is another thing for me to boycott?? Yeah right, until the next time I'm bored. Ha!

Okay, I've just rambled on about all types of nothing. So, I guess I'll stop while I'm ahead and go lay in my cold, empty bed. Ta ta!

No comments: