Thursday, February 21, 2008

12-Month-Checkup

Brooke went for her one year visit today! She weighs exactly 20 pounds and she is 29.5 inches long. She’s in the 30Th percentile for weight (and she used to be in the 90Th) and she’s in the 75Th percentile for height, which is right on pace for her. I don’t really get caught up in all of that but it’s still kind of fun to see where she measures up. Oh yes, and she has a big head… According to the percentiles, that is.

Everything else looked good! Our doctor was impressed by her vocabulary and physical abilities so that was good. He asked if she could say 2 words and if she could cruise and I was proud to be able to say that she exceeded those expectations! Overall it was a good visit until the end… They gave her 4 shots, which we were expecting. She screamed horribly and then she settled right back down, which made it not so bad.

Before we left, though, Brooke’s doctor told us that she needed to go down to the lab for blood work. He said that he wanted to screen her for lead poisoning and anemia (which is standard) so it’s not like we had any way around it. My heart literally sank when he told me because I have such awful, awful memories of her getting blood drawn as a tiny baby. Honestly, every time I remember back to that point in our lives (when we thought she was really sick) I get tears in my eyes and it’s a very emotional thing for me to remember. So, we took her to the oh-so-familiar blood lab and it felt so eerie to be back there again. Finally they took her in and they couldn’t find a vein so they had to call in their supervisor to find one. Once the supervisor finally found the vein, Brooke moved her arm so they had to dig around a little to put the needle back in the vein. She was screaming and of course I was bawling. We sighed a big sigh of relief after it was over and done. She’s rebounded from her traumatic day just fine though and she’s sleeping soundly now. Poor little girl!

In other news, there’s not really much else to say about the house. The lady swears up and down that she’ll have it cleaned out, but we’ll see about that. Her lawyer called my lawyer today saying that we’re going to close on the 6Th of March, after telling us that we would close next week so I’m really ticked about that. I told my lawyer that that is NOT acceptable, not only because we’re supposed to be in San Diego then, but also because that’s not what was promised to us. Oh, and get this.. She wants to take her light fixtures with her now. NO WAY! They are very nice light fixtures and the contract says absolutely nothing about her taking them. I refuse to give them to her because that’s not what we bargained for. This dumb lady thinks that she makes all of the rules. Hasn’t she held us up enough? Heaven help the woman if she doesn’t pay to have that stove fixed too. I’m not settling for anything when it comes to this house. She’s going to pay for everything she ruined.

Well, we have a birthday party to go to tonight so I’m going to go get our stuff together. We’re leaving when Brooke wakes up from her nap so I better get my game together!

JOHN’S OFF TONIGHT AND TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: