Friday, February 1, 2008

Shut In With The Drama Queen

*Stupid Blogger won't let me spell check my posts. So, if you find a spelling mistake in today or yesterday's entry, that's why. I proofread them but it's easy to skip over mistakes when you're in a hurry!

I woke up this morning to lots and lots of ice. Our area got hit hard with a wintery mix of ice, slush, freezy rain, and snow. John warned me that the roads were bad so he suggested that I stayed in. Of course Brooke woke up early today. We were out of bed at 7:30 and the rest of the day was spent doing absolutely NOTHING but playing with toys and reading books. It was a slower pace than we're accostomed to but I enjoyed the down time with Brooke.

Much to my suprise, Brooke took a nap in her crib from 9:30-11:15 this morning. That was defintely my sanity in the day! When she woke up I made us a nice lunch and we enjoyed our mother/daughter time together. I thought it was kind of sweet that it was just the 2 of us. Brookie ate like a little piggy too. Go Brooke!

After a bit Brooke got REALLY grumpy and she started to act up a bit. She has another tooth coming in on the bottom (this is #8) so I'm sure that that contributes to some of it. However, I will NOT make excuses for her being defiant. Today all she wanted to do was go up and down the stairs. She knows that she's not allowed to do that but she still continued to try. She would get on the bottom step, turn around and look at me defiantly and then start to scream when I walked towards her. Even at the ripe age of 1 she knows when she's doing something that she's not supposed to be doing. So, Brooke had her hand slapped MANY times this afternoon and many tears were shed. I feel that discipline starts young and I refuse to let her walk all over me. I am the boss! It's much easier to give in to her but by backing down she'll learn nothing. She truly is a drama queen and it kind of cracks me up sometimes. I can imagine what she'll be like when she's a hormonal teenager. I have it coming to me!

Brooke also knows that she's not supposed to touch wall outlets. She walks around waving and saying "bye bye" to the outlets. LOL! She does this everywhere we go too. It cracks me up! I taught her this by slapping her hand every time she would try to go near or play with an outlet and she's finally caught on. I love how teachable and moldable she is. Babies are so smart... More smart than most people give them credit for.

Tonight we were fortunate enough to get out to grab some dinner. I had a nice day with my girl but I was ready to be out of the house for a bit. The wintery weather turned to rain so we met my family out for some pizza. Just what the doctor ordered!

Wow, my house has Brooke's toys EVERYWHERE and I'm honestly feeling a bit exhausted. I'm going to go relax and enjoy my wonderful husband for a bit.

No comments: