Friday, February 22, 2008

I Love My Little Family!

Today was such a nice day! It turned out to be a snowy day so we didn't really do too much but that is what made the day so wonderful. We woke up this morning and went to get my haircut (just a trim, nothing too dramatic) and some things from Target. That was our one big outing of the day so we decided to browse through the toys and stuff. We only ended up buying soda and bread though. How's that for restraint?

When we came home I made us a quick lunch and then we all took a nice long nap. It was so relaxing!! We then played with Brooke's toys for the longest time. She was so sweet today and we all had a huge blast together. It was perfect! At one point John bundled Brooke up and took her out in the snow. They were only out for a few minutes but I guess she loved it and was mesmerized by it. We've never really taken her out in it so that probably would explain her fascination with it.

Once the roads cleared up we decided to go look at a furniture store that we've been meaning to check out. We didn't find anything that we loved more than the other dining room table that we already picked out though. It was still nice to get out of the house, nonetheless.

On the way home from the store we called one of our favorite places and ordered cheese steaks. We picked them up and then we came home and devoured them. So good! Brooke didn't think too highly of them though so we fixed her something special. She's turned in to quite the picky little eater. Ugh...

After dinner John and I just enjoyed Brooke for the longest time. We played games, danced, read stories, and laughed VERY hard. We just now ended up putting the girl to bed because she was so happy and so much fun that we didn't even want to get rid of her. Lol! I'm telling you, I don't think that she's even fussed once today.

Oh yes, how could I forget?????? Brookie signs "more" now! I'm shocked by this because I've never really been consistent with sign language so I'm not quite sure why she picked it up so quickly. She was doing it a few weeks ago but I thought it was just a coincidence. Sure enough, though, she does it when we say "more" or when she's eating and wants more of something. Unbelievable! She is such a little sponge. Since she picked up on that so easily I think I'm going to work on some more signs with her now. Incredible!

We were supposed to close on the sale of our house today and of course that didn't work out. Even though we've been planning on this date for the last month or so, for some reason there was no lawyer available for the closing. Ridiculous, I know. Oh well, I guess it will happen soon enough.

Now that Miss Brooke is sleeping I think I'm going to go jump in the shower. Then John and I are going to have a movie night. I'm so excited! There's nothing better than curling up right beside him and enjoying a good movie. I love my life:-) My little family makes it so wonderful!

*THANK YOU BLOGGER FOR FIXING SPELL CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: