Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Answers At Last!

So, it looks like the aloof owner of the home decided to show up. What do you know? It only took her attorney a month to get a hold of her! I guess they're going to start the paper work and we'll hopefully close sometime before the end of the month. She told my lawyer that she's not done cleaning and everything will be okay. Right, I'll believe it when I see it with my own 2 eyes! We'll do another walk-through some time next week and hope for the best.

I'm at a rough spot right now... After seeing the house in shambles and feeling so uncertain about it, it's really hard for me to even WANT the house. A lot is running through my mind. Ya know? I was at such total peace with not buying the house that I didn't even plan on living there at all. I thought of the adventures we'd face as we looked for a new home and I was fine with that. Perhaps once the house is all cleaned up and it turns into everything that I once saw it as then I'll feel much better. Let's hope because as this very moment I'm not feeling it AT ALL.

This morning was rough because I probably spent an hour talking the whole ordeal over with first the realtor and then the lawyer. We were pretty much prepared to lose the house and we were banking on that so when this whole thing took a sudden turn it was a little bit odd at first. I know that God is a work and His will will be done so I have to take comfort in that. It's just been an unsettling chain of events!

Well, I guess I should go make productive use out of Brooke's nap. We've been so out of sorts these last couple days so my house is a little bit of a mess. Off to clean I go...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well that's good that the lady finally showed up! I hope she can make the house look amazing again so you can feel good about it! I'm sure it wouldn't be fun to have to live in an apartment for a short period of time. Well, just wanted to get on to comment since I wasn't able to get on yesterday. I'll be praying for your house situation!