Thursday, February 7, 2008

Move Over, Priceline!!

John and I were feeling kind of frustrated about our hotel search. We were starting to wonder if we had really made the right decision in going because the hotels were just ridiculously expensive. We figured that we would just have to bite the bullet and book a full price one. My wonderful husband decided to look on Hotwire.com today and there was a special... A 3 star hotel in San Diego for $59 a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We snatched that deal right up. We had to first agree to pay that amount of money and give them our credit card information and then they told us what hotel we got. We ended up getting a Holiday Inn. It looks really, really nice! It's the Sea World Holiday Inn, so it's only a mile away from it and it offers reduced tickets to get in the park. You can't beat that! It's right near the Mission Bay, miles from the ocean, and a few blocks away from the San Diego Zoo. How awesome is that? Though Holiday Inn wouldn't have been our first pick, we were nonetheless thankful.

So, in Brooke news, she has another new tooth coming in. This is number 9 and it's one of her canine teeth on the top. She was pretty miserable today and she slept like CRAP last night so I was wondering what was up with her. She also screamed during nap time and then only slept for about 20 minutes. I picked her up after her short little snooze and she literally screamed for a half an hour straight:-( That's when I looked in her mouth and saw her inflamed gums. I felt so awful and helpless. I gave her teething tablets and Motrin and that seemed to cheer her up significantly. My poor little princess!

Brooke has the most (how do I say this nicely??) ANNOYING new habit. It's pretty stinking cute but it keeps me working extra hard... She is obsessed with closing doors. All day long that's all she wants to do. I'm not really sure why she's so interested in doors so suddenly but it's really a pain in the neck for me because she keeps shutting herself into places. When she shuts herself in a room, she likes to stand DIRECTLY behind the door (so I can't open it) and scream until I figure out a way to come get her. She keeps me laughing so much! I'm also worried that she's going to smash her fingers so that's keeping me on high alert also.

As I said a few weeks ago, Brooke knows how to say tickle and she goes up to people and tickles them, expecting a reaction. Now she goes around tickling everything... Her cup, her shoe, the couch, her doll, etc... and she expects them to laugh when she does. HAHA! She doesn't understand quite yet that inadamant objects don't laugh when tickled. Aww, she's so precious:-)

Well, I'm exhausted from Brooke's constant wakings last night and lack of naps today. I think I'm going to go lay on the couch and DIE! I sure hope that this mama gets some zzzz's tonight.

No comments: