Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't really like Valentine's Day much because I think that any good marriage should have such a holiday every day of the year! John does buy me cards, flowers, and gifts throughout the year to remind me of how special I am to him. More importantly, we are constantly trying to express our love for one another, so a holiday all about love kind of seems silly. Nonetheless, we still decided to go out to a nice dinner tonight. Because we have Brooke, going out baby-free is a treat, so we take advantage of opportunities when they arise.

We made reservations at a really nice local restaurant. It's very expensive so we don't go there often. It was kind of disappointing tonight because our steaks were almost RAW and our server was nowhere to be found so we kind of choked it down. Bummer! She was such a slow server that we were there for almost 2 and half hours. Isn't that crazy? I'm all about a slow-pace, relaxing dinner experience, but that's a LONG dinner! Ali and Luke made reservations at the same restaurant and just so happened to reserve the same time as we did so we all ended up deciding to go together. It was really fun! I don't remember the last time the 4 of us did something without our kids. This was something way over due!

We left Brooke with Jared (my brother) and his wife Amanda. In Brooke's whole year of life, this is the first time they've watched her. I feel kind of bad about that! We just have so many family members and we always give her 2 sets of grandparents the first dibs on watching her so that's why this was their first time. They did so great with her! They took her to dinner and to Target to pick out her birthday present. They were going to give her a bath but she fell asleep before they could. When I picked her up it was obvious that they had had a great time and that she was VERY well taken care of and loved. I am really touched that they would give up their Valentine's Day for our little girl. How sweet of them!

I can't help but remembering my Valentine's Day last year. There was a really bad snow storm and John had to go to work. That's when he was working 3 PM to 11 PM. Being only one day away from my due date, he dropped me off at my parents, in case I needed anything. I went into early labor (contractions starting every 10 minutes) and then when we got home my water broke. Off to hospital we went and then the next day I met my precious baby Brooke. I can't believe that it's already a year later and tomorrow will be her first birthday. Wow, how time flies.

Today is my DAWG's birthday!!!! Happy 21St Birthday Sarah! I love you lots and I am so thankful for you:-) Thanks for being such a great friend and sister.

Well, I'm off to go love on my husband and maybe have a little bit of a cry over Brooke's big birthday tomorrow. Lol! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: