Tuesday, February 26, 2008

8 Days Until VACATION!!

I just realized this morning that a week from tomorrow I will be basking in the beautiful San Diego sun! It's currently 73 degrees and sunny there. I'll take it ANY day compared to our snow storm that we're having now. We're going to have such a blast!! I promise to take lots of pictures and tell you all about it.

HOWEVER, with any good trip comes MEGA amounts of packing. I don't even know where to begin. When we planned this vacation we were expecting to have been moved into our new house at this point. Now that everything is so up in the air I just know that getting our bags packed is going to be that much more chaotic. As for Brooke's clothes, I'm not really sure what to pack. The temperature hovers in the lower 60's to the upper 70's. Yikes! This means I have to pack for hot and mild conditions. To further my hate of packing, Brooke also doesn't fit in any of her new Spring or Summer clothes for this coming year. This means I'm going to have to sift through her box of summer clothes from last year and figure out what she'll wear. I guess it's a small price to pay for a glorious San Diego vacation.

Here's the question of the day (and nobody laugh)... Does the "No white after Labor Day" rule apply in sunny places like San Diego? I just don't know! I usually hold onto that fashion rule tightly and I don't want to look stupid wearing white down there! Lol

John and I need to go shopping because we need new short sleeve shirts. I have enough but I kind of wanted a few new things and John's short sleeve Polo's are starting to look a bit ratty, if you ask me. The man never spends money on himself so that means that I'll have to go out and shop for him behind his back. The things we do for love!

I think I'm going to pack only enough diapers and snacks for the plane ride there and then just go shopping for baby stuff when we arrive. I don't want to take up valuable luggage space for silly diapers!

The plane ride makes me SO nervous. Ugh, I hate to fly as it is. I DESPISE it but with a one year old, I know that it's going to be miserable. We flew to Florida when she was 6 and a half months old and that was a short flight but it was still awful. She just wanted to get down and crawl. Now that she's walking and into everything, I can't imagine how the flight to California will be. It should be VERY interesting. We have 2 layovers and I'm thinking that while they'll be a pain in the neck and lengthen our trip, that they will be our saving grace. We can at least let Brooke walk around and get her wiggles out.

Another MAJOR concern that I have is the time difference. They are 3 hours behind us there and I'm not sure how that's going to mess with Brooke's sleeping patterns. We aren't getting there until 8 P.M (local time) on Wednesday night. Seeing as how that's 11 P.M our time, I'm hoping that by the time we get situated into our hotel room, Brooke will be completely exhausted which will make her sleep well. I can only hope for the best. Traveling with a baby is quite the challenge!

While we're there we are going to visit Sea World, Balboa Park, the famous San Diego Zoo, the aquarium, and lots of other little places. We plan on taking a few days to kick back and just go to the beach and drive around the ritzy neighborhoods. We're also looking forward to some awesome Mexican food and fresh seafood. Man, it sounds like we'll be busy, busy!

I'm already dreading coming back because I know that when we do I need to start working on Brooke's sleep. I'm determined that I'll wait until we get home to teach her to sleep through the night in her crib because going on vacation will just screw her up anyways.

Well, that's all I have to say today and Brooke's awake from her nap. I better go get her before she freaks out even more!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

Hey! I am so excited for you that your trip is coming up so quickly! I've never been to California.
And I would say wear whatever you want! I never follow any of those fashion rules because I don't really care, but if you feel like wearing white because it feels like the summer to you guys, then do it!
I hope it's not as windy there as it is here because that strong wind can make 60's feel like 40's! Hope it beautiful the whole time for you!