Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An Undate On The Filthy House

I feel like I have been on the phone ALL day with the realtor, the bank, the insurance company, the lawyers, and many of our family members discussing this horrible ordeal. It would be good if all of this led to answers somehow but we are still set as far back as we were yesterday. Fabulous, huh?

I was the most concerned about what the lawyer had to say because obviously he is the only one who can legally advise us in this matter. He wrote the lady and her attorney a letter saying that we won't buy the house unless it's cleared out and we are given $2500 for the ruined carpets and stove. The lawyer said that we can say that all we want but if the lady is nowhere to be found then we have no hope, no legal action, no NOTHING. Just great. The letter was sent at 1 this afternoon and we haven't heard anything from her party. Hopefully tomorrow should answer some of our questions better.

So, as of now we're still selling our house to Josh on Friday. He's been extremely gracious and understanding in this and I'm really proud of how great he's been. I know that if I bought a house I would want to start moving in it, painting it, showing it off, etc.. So I think that he's really sacrificing a lot for us. We'll be paying him rent for as long as we stay here but we really can't stay here long because he's getting married at the end of May. There's not too much time to mess around.

Here's the plan:

~If we end up getting the house (which I'm thinking isn't very likely) then the whole process will probably just be delayed a few weeks. We'll give her time to clean it up and then we'll move in.

~If we don't get the house we'll live here until we find an apartment. We'll need to find a house (obviously) but as of now there's not a lot out there. So, I guess our house hunt will start completely over again. WONDERFUL.

I know that God will provide for our needs. He's promised us that and I don't have any doubt in my mind that He'll take care of us. It's just a little bit (okay, A LOT) unsettling to feel "homeless" and so out of sorts. It's awful because all of our clothes were packed up and we have lots of other stuff in boxes. We're living amongst a mess of things scattered throughout our house. My only sanity was knowing that we were moving this weekend and we would get everything all organized shortly after that. I guess I'll have to tolerate the confusion for a few more weeks, days, or months...

I'm kind of at the point now where I honestly don't even want that stupid house. I want it because we NEED a home but with all of the garbage in it I'm worried about the possibility of insects, rodents, or other pests inhabiting it. Based on how filthy it was, I don't see that as being out of the realm of possibility. Honestly, I don't.

I'm really proud of myself because this isn't keeping me up at night, I'm not in tears, I'm not even really all that worried. This is so not like me and I'm proud that God is in the driver's seat here! I'm not so great at giving things COMPLETELY over to Him, I'll admit. I know the promises in His word and I have to take them to heart and value their truths during this time of uncertainty.

So, that's the update. Like I said, hopefully tomorrow will turn up some more answers. Lord knows we need them!

No comments: