Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Bathing Suit That Does EVERYTHING!

John and I went to Gymboree yesterday to buy Brooke's bathing suit. I've had my eye on it because it's so stinking cute (refer to the picture below) but I was waiting for it to go on sale. Sure enough, it was originally $23 but I got it for $14!!! Yay for me! I had to snag this picture off of EBay because Gymboree doesn't carry it online anymore. It's not the greatest picture but I have to show you what it looks like:



Isn't it precious? The back of it goes down in a little and there's a big white bow above the butt. It's so cute! I can't wait to take Brooke to San Diego so I can put it on her. That swimsuit is enough to excite me about this trip! Lol!

Yes, the bathing suit is adorable and all BUT it has 2 really awesome features that really impress me. 1St of all, it's made of special material that blocks the UV rays. Isn't that crazy? Who would have expected a swimsuit to be that smart? And also, underneath the skirt part of the suit, it's a diaper cover. They say that I can just put a regular diaper on her and it will protect it, but I'm going to be sticking with the swim diapers just to be safe. That, to me, is why Gymboree is worth the extra money. There stuff is so nicely made and adorable too!

On other news, last night as HORRIFIC with Miss Brooke. She woke up at 2. Sarah was spending the night with me and she heard Brooke before I did (which is still a mystery to me). Sarah stood by her crib for like 10-15 minutes trying to get her to go back to sleep and she refused. So finally I went in and got her and brought her into our bed to nurse. She didn't want to nurse or sleep or anything... She wanted to PLAY. Unbelievable! This went on for like a half an hour so I put her in her crib to cry. She started to scream and then grunt REALLY loud and I went in to realize that she had pooped. I had no choice but to take her to out to change her. This further convinced her that it was play time. I wanted to scream. I seriously had to practice so much restraint at this point. Finally, at around 4:15, Brooke went to sleep. We had to get up at 7 for church and she was miserable when I woke her up. I'm hoping that tonight is a different story. I've never been so frustrated in my whole life!

Well, I have to get ready to walk out the door. We're going to John's uncle's birthday party tonight. His grandma's making homemade mac and cheese and that sounds heavenly right about now. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, sorry I haven't commented in so long! My recent entry explains everything, haha. First of all, that bathing suit is really cute. I adore tulips! I wish there was a picture of the back with the bow! You'll have to put some on here of Brooke in it! Well, it looks like things with your future house are kind of...settling? I don't know, I've never gone through that process and wont have to for a long time, thankfully. So I have no idea what you're going through and can't really offer any advise other than hang in there, and everyone hates hearing that after the first time. I'm sorry that Brooke is having so many sleeping issues! I wish my child psych classes I took talked about that, or that I kept the books! I know they talked about sleep in them. I could try and look something up for you, I am a psychology major after all :) Well, I ought to get going, hope to hear from you soon!