Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Making Progress!

I am happy to report that Brooke went down for her nap for me today with NO problem!! I was very anxious about this and it turned out to be nothing! I'll admit that I copped out and nursed her to get her down but the fact that she actually allowed me to put her down is a HUGE deal. I really hope that she stays sleeping for a good while. She went to sleep at 7 last night and didn't wake up for the day until 9:15 this morning so I'm not really sure how much rest she'll need this afternoon. We shall see!

Last night also showed marked improvement as well! Like I said, she went down at 7. She didn't wake up until 12 to eat. Though that's not perfect, it was nice to see her stay in her crib that long like she used to do. She used to stay in there straight through until 4 or 5 but we'll work our way back up eventually. I'm kicking myself though because I put her back in her crib at midnight but when she woke up at 2:30 I staggered into her room and surrendered to her by bringing her to bed with me. BAD MOMMY! I know I was non-coherent and all, but I really wish I would have let her cry for a few minutes because I'm sure that she would have gone back down. I frustrate myself so much!

Our San Diego hotel search is not going well at all. We started offering $50 a day for a 3 and 4 star hotel and they've been denying our offers:-( My dad has gradually been upping the offers and now he's up to $85. With taxes and fees that almost $100 a night. Yikes! STILL nobody has accepted that offer. John and I aren't too concerned though. If we wait a few days then they'll likely take a lower offer. You never know on Priceline. We figure that even if we do spend $100 a night that's not too bad. Our airfare was free so that gives us some extra money. You only live once, right??? We're realizing that San Diego is a very, very expensive place to go. The sales tax rate is high, almost all of the local activities charge admission to get in to (The zoo is $30 a person, Sea World is $60 a person, the aquarium is $7 a person, etc...), and from what we've read, there are many upscale restaurants and shopping malls. I'm not too worried about any of this though. Sure, we'll splurge and go to some nice places, but I'm just as happy to go to the beach, drive around the fancy San Diego neighborhoods, walk around the parks, etc... Just being away with my little family will be amazing. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well, we have church tonight, which means I have to leave our house in the not-too-distant future to help get everything set up for dinner. I better get everything in order to go so I'm ready when Brookie wakes up. I'm out! (And in case you're wondering, NO, spell check still doesn't work.)

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

Yay for good naptime! Stay strong on the routine and she'll get it soon! I think around the same time we did the nap time (ALWAYS 1pm) we set a bedtime (ALWAYS 8pm). It really helped her, and us too.

rccalyn said...

About potty training - she really is getting close. We've put her on the potty a few times, but she doesn't do anything - just wants to wipe! This is about the only aspect of parenting that I'm terrified of, mainly because it can just be so messy and gross! Lol. But it's on it's way, and SOON!