Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Get!"

At John's parent's house, Brooke learned to say "get." Patty was telling their dog to get down and Brooke started to repeat after her and say "get dog." Now Brooke walks around the house saying "get" to things that she wants. She also tells us to "get" if we tell her not to do something, as if she's trying to tell us to get away. She's too clever for her own good! Lol!

So Brooke went down for her nap today with no fuss whatsover! Her nap yesterday only ended up being an hour long but today she slept for an hour and a half. Hopefully tomorrow's will be even longer than that! I'm nervous that she won't do well tomorrow because John will be sleeping and unable to help me. Wish me luck!

Last night we also decided to let Brooke cry through some of her night wakings. She woke up at 1:30 so John went in there to tell her to go to sleep and she was out in a matter of minutes!!! She woke up again at 4 but that really isn't THAT bad, considering how she has been sleeping. Again, I'm worried that tonight will be another story because John has to work but I'm hoping for the best. Maybe us putting our foot down last night will make something click in that little brain of hers and she'll sleep well tonight. A girl can dream, right??

I made homemade lasagna with homemade sauce tonight. Oh my goodness... It was so delicious! I felt like I spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen because the sauce took a good while to cook up and then I had to make the lasagna, but it was so worth it! I also made individual cheesecakes. I made half of them with oreos for crust and the other half of them had vanilla cookies for crust. They were really good too! I accomplished all of this during Brooke's nap and it was very relaxing to be able to cook without a baby needing my attention.

It's come to my attention that many more people read my blog than I thought. I just don't understand why people can't leave me a friendly comment from time-to-time. My blog is for my thoughts and memories and obviously I don't mind people reading it or else it wouldn't be available online for the whole world to see. With that being said, those of you (and you know who you are) who read this, please come out of the woodworks and leave me a comment every once in a while. I don't bite!

Well, it's 7:30 and my girl is already out for the night so I think that I'm going to go take a nice hot shower and then get ready for American Idol and One Three Hill! Tuesdays are a good night for TV. Then it's time to send John off to work:-( It would be much nicer if we were independently wealthy and he could spend every night with me! Lol!

*SPELL CHECK IS STILL BROKEN!

2 comments:

alissa kay said...

Actually I'm only running 10 miles. (Only...haha!) I am still playing piano. It is hard for me to find time to get to the practice rooms, but I enjoy it when I can.
Wow, it sounds like Brooke is quite the little spitfire! She must be so much fun!
Hey how do you check who is looking at your blog? I've been trying to figure that out.

Anonymous said...

You always very careful about saying things as so the little ones will not repeat what you say. Who would have guessed that someone so tiny would not only repeat what you say but would actually know the meaning of the word and know when to use it! I still can not believe it it amazes me! she is sure one smart little girl!