Friday, February 29, 2008

We've Been Insanely Busy!

My sister had a procedure done at the hospital yesterday so John and I had the wonderful pleasure of looking after little Nathan. We had an absolute blast taking care of him! Ali and Luke dropped him off at 10 and shortly after that we left. John and I had an insurance meeting at 11 so we took both kids with us. Let me tell you, that was crazy. We tried to keep them both happy, still, and content while talking about important insurance decisions. It was insane but we managed it pretty well I think.

Our day got much more excitingafter the visit to the insurance company though.. We took the babies to Wendy's and got them some lunch. Everyone gave us so much attention and acted like Brooke and Nathan were twins. We got so many questions about them and so many people were telling us to enjoy them. It was kind of funny! I'd claim Nathan as mine in a heartbeat so it was fun:-) After lunch was the really fun part... We took the kiddos to Chuckie Cheese! They had such a blast and by the time we left, John and I were exhausted. We divided and conquered because the 2 kids both went in totally opposite directions, of course. It was great fun! Both kids walked around like they owned the place. I am proud to report that we only left with one goose bump on Brooke's head and no other boo boos. Hooray for us!

I was really shocked because then we took Nathan to our house and he took almost a 2 hour nap in Brooke's crib. Yay Nathan! He was so angelic in Brooke's pink princess themed bedroom. Lol! While he napped Brooke played LOUDLY downstairs so I was pleasantly surprised that he slept as well as he did. While he was sleeping I made my homemade lasagna to bring over to Ali and Luke. That took up much of Nathan nap time because I made the sauce from scratch and I also ambitiously decided to do all other manner of chores in the kitchen while I was at it.

Shortly after Nathan woke up I realized that Brooke had a poop explosion that required a bath. Of course there was no telling Nathan that he couldn't join Brooke in the tub so I stuck both babies in at the same time. I figured that Alison and Luke would appreciate the night off from giving him a bath anyways. Let me just say, those 2 had the best time EVER in the tub. The splashed so much water that I was soaked by the time they were done. They were laughing so hard and playing so nicely together. It was the most fun part of the whole day for me to watch them together. They're really buddies!

Alison got home around 5 so we brought the lasagna over and shared a quick bite with them. John and I then left and dropped Brooke off at John's parent's house so we could go see Definitely, Maybe. Let me just say, it was the WORST movie ever. Don't waste your time or money on it, folks. It was HORRIBLE. I thought it would never end!

I really loved having the 2 kids yesterday. Nathan just fit right in with our family and our routine. I honestly didn't think that having him around was too much of a challenge. The biggest difference was having to remember more STUFF... More shoes, more diapers, more snacks, more sippy cups, more coats, etc. John and I also thought strapping them both in car seats was a big pain too. Nathan was so sweet yesterday and I we LOVED sharing John's day off with him.

In other news, we are now officially HOMELESS. We sold our house this afternoon to Josh and Vicki. It's kind of crazy to think that we don't own this home anymore. It hasn't quite registered in my brain yet. Anyways, we're supposed to close on our house on Tuesday at 11, pending the walk-through of the house on Monday. Hopefully everything is in order because I'm not in the mood to mess with it again. That would be AWFUL! On Wednesday we leave for San Diego, so this week is going to be INSANELY busy.

I'm excited about the house and vacation but I just wish that I had my schedule more free to be there for my sister. I wish that I could drop everything in the universe and take care of her better. I know that she wants me to have a good time though so I'll try not to feel too bad.

Well, John's gotta go back to work tonight:-( So that means it's time to go make his lunch. Fun times!

No comments: