Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Joys of Teething

Brooke has been an absolute mess for the last couple of days. She hasn't been sleeping great, she's been waking up miserable and screaming, and she's also been super clingy. I suspected that she was teething but when I looked in her mouth I was truly shocked! All of her back gums are wicked swollen and she already has 2 molars that poked through the skin. Poor baby! I'm glad that the molars are making their way into her mouth so we can get this teething business done and over with ASAP. I hate teething!!!! It's such a pain and it messes up everything, it seems.

Today was a nice, slow day with nothing too exciting to report. The biggest excitement is that Brooke took a 2 hour nap!! Yay for me.. I really enjoyed those couple of hours to myself to relax. For once I didn't run around our house and clean during her nap. I'm kind of obsessive about cleaning sometimes but today it felt nice to not give a rat's flip about housework for a change. However, tonight I made up for it so I don't think that this will become a regular occurrence. It's really hard because a lot of stuff is in boxes and out of sorts due to the impending move. That allows for some extra clutter. It's honestly driving me crazy!

Well, for once I have nothing left to say. Things are quiet and I like it that way! Time to go empty the dishwasher. What a blast! I sure hope my girl sleeps well tonight.

No comments: