Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poor Brookie:-(

Little Miss Brooke is sick:-( As of last night she had a runny nose and yucky cough. She woke up this morning completely grumpy and she has continued that way throughout most of the day. When she woke up she was burning up with a temperature of almost 103! My poor little princess! I gave her the Ibuprofen at 4:45 and by 7:30her fever was already up to 101 again. Before bed I gave her some Tylenol to knock her fever down so she could rest well. She's been coughing like crazy and waking up a whole lot but she hasn't had a problem putting herself back to sleep.

When Brooke is sick it's like a part of me hurts for her. I can't explain it... It's almost like I have this butterfly in my stomach that makes me feel so uneasy. I feel so sad for her too! She is just NOT herself and she's breaking her mama's heart. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a different story but I don't think so with the way things have been going. If her fever returns in the morning I'll take her to the doctor and hopefully she'll be better in no time.

Not to sound selfish or anything but I must say that when Brooke is sick it's so hard on me. I love that baby and taking care of her is my true joy. However, it's pretty isolating to be stuck in the house alone with a sick, unhappy baby. We're so used to be out and about so it's really hard when we're couped up in the house for days on end. Luckily I have some good shows taped on our DVR to keep me busy for a few hours here and there.

That's all I have to say for today. I'm off to try to go get some rest. I sure hope that Brooke doesn't have an awful night tonight. She feels so awful so I'm pretty much expecting a rough time of it. Maybe she'll prove me wrong?!?!??!

No comments: