Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Housing Saga Continues....

I WANT TO SCREAM RIGHT NOW! I'm seriously on the verge of insanity and I think that even the slightest thing could send me over the edge at this very moment. I know that it will shock you all, but there is still more crap going on with that stupid house that we were supposed to buy. I'm baffled at this point.

Here's the latest...

First of all, I don't know if I wrote this in a previous post, but in case I didn't, I'll write it in this. Before we went on vacation we were told that there was a slight chance that we could still get that house. Our lawyers told us to go on a vacation, enjoy ourselves and give the whole thing time to boil over. The issue was that the lady doesn't have enough money to close on her house so the bank would have to accept a short sale, meaning they would have to allow us to buy the house for less than the lady owed on it. Basically, they would have to agree to lose money. The lawyers said that short sales take lots of time because banks don't move quickly but because we were going out of town and couldn't take any direct action anyways, that we should just let the whole thing sit for a week. So, that's exactly what we did.

When we came home we found out (according to our lawyers, anyways) that nothing had been done about the supposed short sale and that the seller's lawyer didn't contact our lawyer's office to even try to make this thing work. It was Friday night when John and I officially had our lawyer close the door on the deal. We pretty much knew it wouldn't work out anyways but it wasn't until then that we had the lawyer fax her attorney a letter saying that we wouldn't hold on anymore. After we were told for certain that we would not be buying that house, our mortgage lender (who happens to be my brother-in-law, Luke) had to close out our file, which took us all kinds of time and effort to process.

So, this weekend John and I had been looking for homes on the computer, only to discover that there is NOTHING out there. We also started looking at apartments to live in temporarily because things were beginning to lean towards that direction. We were at peace with everything and we were willing to accept the fact that our plans for buying a home might be delayed for a few months.

Today is what puts another stupid twist in this whole thing... We met up with our realtor to look at some houses this afternoon (and all of them were crappy, by the way) and with him he brings a letter from that lady's lawyer. It was a letter sent to our lawyer and then forwarded to him. It said something like this, "I left you a detailed voicemail and nobody responded. I think what I have to say will be beneficial to your clients." We tried calling that man today to see what the heck that meant and because it's Sunday, of course we can't get a hold of him. Now we're wondering what the heck is going on... Did the bank approve the short sale? Is there some other arrangement that they want to make with us at this point? John and I are also wondering how 2 professional law offices could have their facts so gosh darned messed up and out of whack. Does this all even make sense to anyone??????????

So, first thing tomorrow morning I'm getting on that phone and I am making some phone calls. I'll call these lawyers as many times as it takes to get to the bottom of this. I personally don't even want the house anymore and I'm hoping that we're not legally bound to it. John, however wants it and I have to submit to his leadership as the head of the household. He would like to fight for the house and I just want to move on. After the first time we saw it in disarray, I just don't have the same fondness for it that I once I have. I have absolutely NO desire to live there, but again, I want to respect the plans and ideas that my husband has. That is what God has called me to do as his wife and let me tell you, it's NOT easy, especially in this situation. Even if this whole house thing does work out, there's one major glitch... Our mortgage application was closed out and Luke says that we will have to completely start over again to get the mortgage. That process takes about 30 days. Figures, huh?

I know this was a long post with a lot of tedious little details. I don't usually ramble like this! If you read this and have a second, please think of us and keep us in your prayers. I just want to follow God's will and make the decision that He would have us to. I'm so confused right now!

No comments: